What's new
Need one for my Bucky o hare...
hoping for am respond from @caius :)
or maybe somebody here got one spare in Europe?
thx!

If you sent a message to Caius he will respond.

Thank you @caius for teaching me how to restore the sound of X-Men board.
Billions thank you for your help!
Restoration :
1. Add the 054544 module.
IMG_20210504_012236.jpg
2. Replace the new AD 1868R icIMG_20210504_012651.jpg

Glitch sound before
View: https://youtu.be/h1cCuqMGPlo

Fully restored
View: https://youtu.be/Fj-AJG6nGh4

Credits for the Arcade Projects Community!!!!!!

Cheers,
John Fan

Last edited:
Caius had to do a design change because the DAC on the original design has become VERY hard to find and much more expensive. The new design uses a different DAC and op-amp but works and sounds fantastic. I just assembled a few now and they look and sound great.

There are a few members I asked to wait while I got parts for the new design. Please contact me again and I can help you out now.

One more thing. I will be ending the installation for free offer on September 1, 2021. I will begin charging $25 per install on that date. Thanks!

Well, been delaying this, but looks like its time to send you a few boards, no point in not changing these even if they are working, only a matter of time before they go bad.

Caius had to do a design change because the DAC on the original design has become VERY hard to find and much more expensive. The new design uses a different DAC and op-amp but works and sounds fantastic. I just assembled a few now and they look and sound great.

There are a few members I asked to wait while I got parts for the new design. Please contact me again and I can help you out now.

One more thing. I will be ending the installation for free offer on September 1, 2021. I will begin charging $25 per install on that date. Thanks!

How does the new design compare, quality-wise? I have like 4 PCBs with the old design (and have always been extremely happy with them)...but need a new one for a Mystic Warriors. Is it worth paying the premium on the previous DAC - and seeing if Caius has any existing stock of the old design? Or is the new design effectively just as good?

How does the new design compare, quality-wise? I have like 4 PCBs with the old design (and have always been extremely happy with them)...but need a new one for a Mystic Warriors. Is it worth paying the premium on the previous DAC - and seeing if Caius has any existing stock of the old design? Or is the new design effectively just as good?

The new design is for the '054986A' only. I did it mainly because the DAC used on this modue (as well as on the '054544') is nowadays hard to find and existing stock are quite expensive.So, I found another type of DAC which is more common and affordable.The new '054986A' uses also a new OP-AMP as well as a voltage reguator to generate the analog/digital +5V supply from +12V.Conclusion : I strongly recommend to get the latest design except for the fact that the DAC is included and you need ony the ASIC to complete the module.Word of Caius!!! :thumbup:

P.S.
Obviously the old design is good the same, sound quality is like the new design.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new design is for the '054986A' ony.I did it mainly because the DAC used on this modue (as well as on the '054544') is nowadays hard to find and existing stock are quite expensive.So, I found another type of DAC which is more common and affordable.The new '054986A' uses also a new OP-AMP as well as a voltage reguator to generate the analog/digital +5V supply from +12V.Conclusion : I strongly recommend to get the latest design except for the fact that the DAC is included and you need ony the ASIC to complete the module.Word of Caius!!! :thumbup:

P.S.
Obviously the old design is good the same, sound quality is like the new design.

Cheers Caius - haha I probably should have asked you directly! That'll at least save me from searching for the old DAC (and probably paying more in the process).

I'll be in touch shortly, and get one of the new designs on order :)

Back