What's new
So yeah, money wise you are doing good. Be careful, it's like a drug. You get your first taste for cheap. Then you get hooked.
Oh fuck. I wasn't paying attention to your sage-like wisdom. I just bought another 11 cabs. $81/each, I couldn't resist. They'll be delivered this weekend :/

I'f they're cool games, then its okay. If not, you have an addiction.

All I can say is be picky. I ONLY buy dedicated games now. The last thing you want is a ton of ugly conversions. Of course, some of them could be nice cabs that were painted and you can remove the paint to restore the nice artwork.

All I can say is be picky. I ONLY buy dedicated games now. The last thing you want is a ton of ugly conversions. Of course, some of them could be nice cabs that were painted and you can remove the paint to restore the nice artwork.
I am not a collector. I am a gamer. I was actually looking for generic Dynamo's. I'll probably end up keeping 6 or 7 of them. One dedicated for gun games. One set up in TATE for Shmups. I'll keep the MKII game. Keep one for CPS2 games. Two for NAOMI games. And if I ever get a 3rd Strike board, I'll save one for that. Maybe have the cocktail for MAME and the occasional PCB. Who knows? Anyways, think I have been doing well with the budget. 22 cabs for around $1900 spent.

I thought I was crazy. Called up a few friends and they all had positive reactions and were excited :)

Cracked open two of the cabs that I picked up. One had a CPSII Marvel Super Heroes board. I was half hoping it would be dead. But it fired right up :/. Also, I have an honest to goodness Die Hard arcade cab. It is one ugly beast. I have no idea what i will do with it. But it came with a working ST-V board. Gave me an error about the cartridge, but the board works (I hope). These boards alone recoup the cost of these two cabs alone :)!

EDIT: Reseated the cartridge on the ST-V and Die Hard fired right up! Reminiscent of the old NES blow me days.

Attachments

• IMG_0604.JPG
    IMG_0604.JPG
    879.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Well of course you turn the ST-V into a Darksoft ST-V multicart cab. duh.

UPDATE: opened up the Metal Slug 3 cart, wiped down the edge connectors with Clorox wipes. Let it dry and viola, like it's 1999! Pulled a Metal Slug 5 out of another cab. So far I have:

1 - Marvel Super Heroes
1 - Die Hard Arcade
1 - Blood Brothers
1 - UN Squadron
1 - Metal Slug 3
2 - Metal Slug 4
1 - Metal Slug 5
1 - Tekken 2
1 - Area 51/Maximum Force

These boards alone should recoup my costs. I still have the cabs to go through. Will keep the ones I want, sell the rest. Fun stuff!

Last edited:
Also, the Westlefest cab mentioned above that is masquerarding as an X-men vs. Streetfighter machine.....it's actually a Williams cab. Not only that, it is one of the more harder to find ones. Underneath the black acrylic paint, i can faintly see the impression of cursive lettering spelling out M-O-O-N-P-A-T-R-O-L. I think the paint has protected the side art for years. Cab appears to be in good shape. I had plans for that cab. Liked it alot. Given this discovery and all the cabs I picked up recently, I am either going to restore it, or sell it to a restorer. Can't have this one lost to time and negligence.

UPDATE: opened up the Metal Slug 3 cart, wiped down the edge connectors with Clorox wipes. Let it dry and viola, like it's 1999! Pulled a Metal Slug 5 out of another cab. So far I have:

1 - Marvel Super Heroes
1 - Die Hard Arcade
1 - Blood Brothers
1 - UN Squadron
1 - Metal Slug 3
2 - Metal Slug 4
1 - Metal Slug 5
1 - Tekken 2
1 - Area 51/Maximum Force

These boards alone should recoup my costs. I still have the cabs to go through. Will keep the ones I want, sell the rest. Fun stuff!
Where abouts did you get these 11 cabs? Possibly from someone in hayward? I know a lot of the game operators in the bay area, i was wondering if you moved some stock for someone in that area. Just curious! =P

That's where I got them. What do you mean by moved stock? I got them cheap. They belong to me now.

Ahhh, then its likely the arcade owner in hayward that also owns a pizza place out there. I knew those games sounded familiar. He's an owner/operator thats i've worked with before. He's asked me a few times to come out to his warehouse and fix up some arcades and i remember seeing those titles there in his warehouse.

Grats on the find, those are some awesome games!

Yeah, same guy. Cool kat. Name is phonetically: KNEE-CHI. I don' t know the spelling of his name though.

Back