What's new
interesting finding. Is there any specific type of board that must be used for this version?
Is this question directed to me?
Are you talking about the C&D conversion?
If so you need a B-01/B-21 C-board, then with file manipulation (merging/splitting/interleaving/de-interleaving) and by handcrafting a new PAL you can use any B-board you want.

Apocalypse I've noticed all the conversions, even the French CPS1 multi device all require an original B-21 C-board.

Could the protection requirement this board satisfies ever be removed at the code level?
Or is it a requirement of the A-board (100% code independent) hardware function?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apocalypse I've noticed all the conversions, even the French CPS1 multi device all require an original B-21 C-board.

Could the protection requirement this board satisfies ever be removed at the code level?
Or is it a requirement of the A-board (100% code independent) hardware function?
You can modifiy the code to use a different C-board. What aje_fr did with his multi CPS1 was readdressing registers on the fly so any C-board could be used with OG ROMs.

Back to yavuzg finding: it's not based on my work!
C-board used can't be determined by looking at the program ROMs as it's the OG code regarding the C-board (corresponding to CPS_B_21_QS2 values in MAME, that is to say OG Cadillacs & Dinosaurs).
That means registers and layer enabling values are patched on the fly, so now I think that's what the extra PAL does.

Back