What's new
I have the keyless on my control panel and love it!
Now I have a kiddo on the way so I feel like I need to put the key back on now though.
Got a link to the keyless locks that you used? The ones I found on Amazon have square fitting and aren’t compatible with the tangs.

Attachments

• 44B096D8-555D-4683-9F29-6D30A6962FCD.jpeg
    44B096D8-555D-4683-9F29-6D30A6962FCD.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 16C8FEF8-1F64-49C5-9EEF-BAA8B7E10A3E.jpeg
    16C8FEF8-1F64-49C5-9EEF-BAA8B7E10A3E.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 44
Got a link to the keyless locks that you used? The ones I found on Amazon have square fitting and aren’t compatible with the tangs.
Sega cabs have non-standard tang shafts... as I said in my post I don't use non-original locks in my Sega cabs, and it's explicitly because of this.

I'd strongly advise against non-original locks on a Sega control panel as there's a lot of torque that goes into that latch mechanism and there's a good chance you'll break the lock and be stuck with a panel that doesn't open.

I've not experienced that on the Lindy just for reference.

I'd strongly advise against non-original locks on a Sega control panel as there's a lot of torque that goes into that latch mechanism and there's a good chance you'll break the lock and be stuck with a panel that doesn't open.

Are we talking about the spring lever mechanism that's on Blast, Net City and Naomi Universal cabs? I don't see why this would be an issue otherwise. Also, it's just those three Sega cabinets that have it.

I once forgot to install the cam on the lock before closing a Net City control panel. Oops. Fortunately, I managed to pull the lever back by taking off the back monitor cover and pushing my hand through the speaker opening. It wasn't too bad, took me under 10 minutes.

With a Blast City you would likely need to use a tool of some sort as the holes behind the CP are so small.

Was lucky enough to buy an operator out of a ton of A002 locks from UFO catchers.

I don't route my games, so for home use, they are great, and leaves all my sega candies on 1 key.

For my Taitos I buy these, but since sega locks have a thicker lock post, these wont work on Sega cabs.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X475Y7B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I do have spare NAC control panel latches and some other stuff, if you are missing more than just the locks. I just don't have locks left to sell.
do you have any more keys? i lost my 02 key and cant get into my coin door!!

Back