What's new
Want To Buy

cr4zymanz0r

Beginner
Reaction score
(FYI, if you need feedback for me you can check over on the klov forums. Same username)
I'm wanting to buy a candy cab, or maybe 2 depending on price/luck.

What kind of candy cab?
I'm mostly looking to play 15khz JAMMA PCBs, so New Astro City cab or a Egret 2 cab might be the ideal choices. A Blast City cab might also work. I might be open to other CRT based candy cabs depending on features/condition.

Requirements/Preferences?
1.) The monitor in it must be good. CRT repair is one of my least favorite activities, especially if I'm starting with a known bad or problematic CRT. If there's monitor issues then I'm probably not interested unless it's really really cheap. I'm not saying it has to be absolutely perfect with pristine corner convergence etc., but overall the monitor needs to be good.
2.) It either needs a 2 player 6 button panel, or be easy to obtain one. One thing I'll want to play on it is Capcom fighters.
3.) Though ideally I'd prefer a cab that's working without issues and in great shape, I realize that's not always feasible. If I need to replace some buttons/sticks, redo some wiring, or other internal based work then that's not a deal breaker. I'd highly prefer to not have to do much/any body work, but I guess that'll boil down to price and if there's enough availability for me to have the luxury of being picky.

Pickup/Shipping?
I'm located in central Arkansas, so I realize I'm not in prime candy cab territory.
Pickup: I'm not willing to go nuts and drive to California, but if you're a few hours away such as in Dallas then that's feasible. I've got a lot of days off in July that were originally for a now-cancelled vacation that would be ideal, but if that doesn't work for you I could pick it up on some other weekend. If you're further away (but not absurdly) and near some good vacation spots then maybe I could make a small road trip vacation out of it :P
Shipping: If you're too far for me to reasonably drive, I'm also open to having the cab freight shipped. Ideally I hope the seller is experienced with this so they know how to pack/pallet it well and knows a good company to use.

I realize this probably won't be quickly found, so I'm fine with working out a deal initially and waiting until the pandemic dies down for pickup if need be.

Last edited:
You should probably state your budget. You have cabs listed from 800-2k+ in that short little list there.

Panel layout shouldn't be a big worry, almost all of the popular cabs already have easily found repro panels, and if those aren't your style then originals are also easily found.

I don't exactly have a hard budget number in mind. Part of this is me getting a good feel for the prices too since I only have very vague ideas of what to expect.
I guess ideally I don't want to go over $1500, but if price discovery during this happens to show that's not feasible for what I want then I might have to re-adjust my expectations. Any pricing information would be helpful, as well as freight shipping rough estimates. I've heard all kinds of numbers for freight shipping from random internet people. Some say around $300, $500, up to $700. Some even say getting a 2nd cab would only add $100-ish extra to the freight shipping price.

Adding a second cab usually will be 1-200 more. Single cab the entire way across the US is probably going to run you 550 I'd imagine. I got one shipped to CA from way upstate NY for that semi recently.

Egret 2 unless you get real lucky is likely out of your price range. You *might* be able to get a Blast plus shipping for 1500, maybe 1600. Should have no problem finding an Astro / New Astro for that. All assuming you're paying shipping.

Unfortunately you'll probably pay around the same amount if you find one locally as most people tack on the shipping they paid however many moons ago to the price. Candy cabs are much pricier on your side of the states.

I found nothing around you.

Your best bet will be to buy from KC and stay on the hunt for 27” tubes and or monitors.

He asks 900 locally and $1150 on his eBay.

I would pay the extra eBay fee for buyer protection and to know your getting that exact one you see in the picture.

Or hit some one up to scope the KC cabs and hope he doesn’t “switcharoo” them :whistling:

Your probably all in at 15-$1800 after freight

https://www.ebay.com/itm/arcade-gam...083352?hash=item2d05fe5918:g:F9AAAOSwGbharZPo

Maybe it’s just me but what I see..you have a wish list and not willing to spend the money to meet that wish list...most sellers will not arrange shipping and that is something that you have to do on your end because a lot can go wrong during transport..

like others suggested.. best thing, secure a monitor that fits your cab of choice first then worry about the cab later.. second option, have money ready to go to where someone on the forum puts a cab for sale..

Back