What's new

rememberizer

Student
Reaction score
I have this Naomi and Capcom IO setup that I haven't used for a while now. When I tried it, the Naomi wouldn't power up. I swapped with another Capcom IO and it worked right away. Measured voltages on the output pins and I just get nothing from any pins.

Any idea what went wrong with this IO?

Could be leaking capacitors. I recently had to replace the capacitors in mine after finding one that leaked.

Check for bulging capacitors, any leaks, or even a fishy smell coming from the board when powered.

Yeah I have this problem too. I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with it.

My PSU on the blast is perfectly running 5.0V and 3.3V. There are no obvious caps leaking. It's always showing up as "no jamma i/o" connected in the test screen

Yeah I have this problem too. I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with it.

My PSU on the blast is perfectly running 5.0V and 3.3V. There are no obvious caps leaking. It's always showing up as "no jamma i/o" connected in the test screen
do you use external power supply? If this is the case, remember to also power the I / O otherwise it will not work once it is powered with 5V, it may also be that a component is damaged, try to try with other USB cables also verify that the USB input of the console is not damaged or with bad welds

do you use external power supply? If this is the case, remember to also power the I / O otherwise it will not work once it is powered with 5V, it may also be that a component is damaged, try to try with other USB cables also verify that the USB input of the console is not damaged or with bad welds
Just for curiosity, do you own a Capcom IO, friend?
All the power feed come from jamma and the cable will supply the Naomi or whatever PCB you use.

Just for curiosity, do you own a Capcom IO, friend?
All the power feed come from jamma and the cable will supply the Naomi or whatever PCB you use.
I have some Capcom JVS, even so I am not confident when it is necessary to feed some Naomi or similar energy with it, since I have seen many cases in which the 3.3V fail to use generic power supplies for the Jamma

In my experience, I prefer to use a certified ATX power supply to power some consoles that use 3.3V. since there have been cases in which the generic power supply has damaged some components. not in all countries we have access to certified or excellent quality arcade power supplies, such as Wei-Ya, Suzo Happ. we have to use generic power supplies

Today you can use any good ATX PSU, like EVGA or Corsair.

Back