What's new
I am trying to desuicide a superpang board (at least I think its suicided as it only gives me a green screen) or possibly convert a pang board to super pang/super buster bros. I have both boards and they seem to be identical down to the last component.

If anyone has any info on this please share :)

I have a Pang board that I've been meaning to desuicide forever. Good timing.

Also, interested in the above if it's possible.

I used the romset from The Dead Battery society and it worked great. Mine was listed as a Pang but ended up being a Buster Bros.

I just used the decrypted roms provided by ArcadeHacker. It works!

Pretty elated seeing the game run again. It's actually the very first jamma PCB I bought from eBay. Unfortunately I switched email accounts, so I have no idea when that actually was. Anyway, very soon after I had received it, it crapped out. It's the first time in well over 10 years the board is running.

well i was asking about actual decrypted sets, the ones at dead-coders arent, they are bank switched and need double-sized roms.

this is a pain because i want to use bank switching to make a multi-game board.
pang,super-pang,block-block and a 4th undecided.
:D

well i was asking about actual decrypted sets, the ones at dead-coders arent, they are bank switched and need double-sized roms.

Ahh.....I see. Well lets find these roms then. I would love to have a 2in1 Pang/Super Pang board :D

What do mean undecided? 4th is Poker Ladies!

maybe - i dont want sports games and dont understand japanese writing - so it's probably the winner by default! :D

Oh wow, I didn't realize someone had done a true unencrypted version of these. That would be really nice to have. I've got 2 of these boardsets that need to be repaired, so I'll hold off until these roms surface.

Just found this thread and this definitely sounds interesting!

I just want a Pang + Super Pang board, did you manage to make your own multi? I'm interested in what you did to achieve that.

I'm fully restored key on a new/replaced battery to run OG ROMs (Super Buster Bros).

This WAS at one time very interesting, now? Meh...
Get @undamned 's Infiny Key installed (how is this coming along BTW) snip the battery and run OG. ;)

Necro-thread bump, "Rise From Your Graave!"

Just got hold of a Super Pang PCB and removed the slowly disintegrating kabuki battery. I've previously desuicided an original Pang using Eduardo's superb decrypted code roms.
But sadly yep, I've had no joy finding anyone who carried on the work for the Super Pang / Super Buster Bros code roms.
Recompiling MAME drivers to do the decrypt myself is sadly beyond my ability, did anyone ever make any in the end?

Ultimate goal? I'd like to make a dual layer PCB stack in my dedicated Pang cab with a jamma switcher, so I can easily switch between both games :)

Also interested!
Have bought a de suicided Pang board using ArcadeHacker's method. Would be awesome if decrypted files would ever be available for Super Pang, so I can switch game with a simple rom swap.

Old Thread I know, Could another user point me in the direction of the decrypted ROM set, that I could use to on original roms and remove the additional wire mods. The link listed above is dead. thanks

Hi Nem,

thanks for taking the time to respond. I've done some more research and I think that the pcb I have is super pang, which I don't think decrypted roms are available for.
Is this correct? This is the type of pcb I have.
SuperPang 900914.jpg

SPE on the eproms. So yeah, likely the Super Pang Europe version.

I'd happily contribute to a small bounty to get all of the Kabuki ROM sets de-suicided the "Arcade Hacker" way, if one were setup :)

Back