What's new

sugar4salt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally I just got hand on cvs2. Because I am really suck on fighting genre, I can't fullfill the requirement to get hidden characters.
I googled and got only two passwords which are not related on hidden chars.
Is there any other way to get hidden characters like using password?

Awww if it only works with netboot, it would be so dissaponting…
Cause I am playing cvs2 on cart...

Last edited:
Awww if it only works with netboot, it would be so dissaponting…
Cause I am playing cvs2 on cart...
Yea sorry its only for people with a NetDIMM + Raspberry Pi solution.
The menu is actually homebrew software that is loaded via netboot just like a normal game.
Only once in the menu you can force SRAM values while loading any *.bin listed in a specific directory of the microSD.

Easiest way to get onboard is purchase a Pi3 or 4 and download the pre-made WiPi image.
I love this setup, as it allowed me to ditch my old LCD hat (aka LCD selection screen) and pick my games off cab screen.

Basically the best thing we have to a multi on Naomi.

Last edited by a moderator:
netdimms themselves ain't cheap... sounds like he just got into Naomi since he said "finally got my hands on cvs2"

I'd just keep practicing cvs2 and get the unlocks. if you remove the game and put in another one it deletes the save file.

I remember reading in Japan some of the game mags came with Dreamcast demo discs (MILCDs) and a few of these demos would write save files to your inserted VMU, unlocking a few different DC games. I wonder if you could track said demo disc (for CVS2 Save unlock) down, write the save files to VMU, then use a maple adapter to import the unlocked characters to the Naomi version?

There's two more passwords in the game that @MetalliC figured out. I don't think anyone knows what they do though?

https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...e-unlock-codes-and-passwords.1901/#post-23771
it was awhile ago and I barely remember the context, IIRC they are opposite to 2 previously known passwords, i.e. disable back some features. not sure if it's totally correct, but if anyone really interested to know he may try to enter one and then another passwords and check result

I tried both KURAYANA and HARAOKAD. I am not sure which one, but one of them dissabled MORIKAWA.
With those two new passwords, I was not able get hidden chataters.

Reactions: nem
Back