What's new
high probable CV1K D backwards compatible with B games
maybe, if I recall CV1K B includes an RTC where it also stores high-scores and settings (hence the coin cell battery on B boards) CV1K D has more memory but dropped the RTC and stores settings on the Flash ROM itself.

so it really comes down to if B games are ok with the RTC not being present, and even if they are you'll lose the functionality of settings and scores getting stored. Also Ibara has a clock in-game that reads from the RTC (not sure if other games do also).

a universal board would really be a CV1K B with larger memory.

Last edited:
maybe, if I recall CV1K B includes an RTC where it also stores high-scores and settings (hence the coin cell battery on B boards) CV1K D has more memory but dropped the RTC and stores settings on the Flash ROM itself.
Cv1000-D has this chip too. Its at U10 which I think all cv1k-d games populate.

They dont however have battery backup for the rtc, so they just have access to the eeprom part of it, and I guess the RTC will be reset each boot.

so it really comes down to if B games are ok with the RTC not being present, and even if they are you'll lose the functionality of settings and scores getting stored. Also Ibara has a clock in-game that reads from the RTC (not sure if other games do also).

a universal board would really be a CV1K B with larger memory.
If I had to guess, I'd bet that RTC has something to do with rank timer too.

a universal board would really be a CV1K B with larger memory
but... CV1K D is in fact a CV1K B with larger memory ;)

and that's the only possible problem I may imagine, because "larger memory" is not that simple in SDRAM world, and may require a bit different SH3's SDRAM controller configuration.

but... CV1K D is in fact a CV1K B with larger memory ;)

and that's the only possible problem I may imagine, because "larger memory" is not that simple in SDRAM world, and may require a bit different SH3's SDRAM controller configuration.
So is this the Naomi 2 of Cv1ks?

They're labeled as "conversions" on Ebay as well. I'm sure a conversion is more appealing to prospective buyers than a "bootleg" or "repro" is.
The guy is very clever, the problem is that ebay allows for conversions but bootlegs are banned, so advertising it as conversion will not get it banned.

The guy is very clever, the problem is that ebay allows for conversions but bootlegs are banned, so advertising it as conversion will not get it banned.
Ive bought a bunch or bootlegs on ebay, marked as bootlegs

At first I thoght the YAJ listing was the maker selling them directly (they have a YAJ account), but it looks like it was a Japanese person who bought one off ebay and didn't realize it was a repro.

Back