What's new

CoolFox

Grand Master
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/116130596791

Not just a conversion, but a bootleg, remake of the PCB. Check out the silk screen vs a real pcb, the soldering on empty pads vs a real pcb and probably a few other things. He's selling a bunch of these. Also think about it...what's the point of converting a CV1000-D when all the boards are $$$$$$$$$$$$.

A couple of us concluded there is evidence to confirm that people have remade the PCB.

Well, to me that's very cool IF he could mass make them without damaging real PCBs and they weren't as much as a real PCB in cost.

$1600 for a bootleg? Sheesh!

I'd pay $200 though!

Well, to me that's very cool IF he could mass make them without damaging real PCBs and they weren't as much as a real PCB in cost.

$1600 for a bootleg? Sheesh!

I'd pay $200 though!

It would be, but at this point he's passing them off as real, except a conversion. I would def pay a few hundred...not 1.5k tho.

It would be, but at this point he's passing them off as real, except a conversion. I would def pay a few hundred...not 1.5k tho.
Yeah that's my point. Lying about what it is, is weird. Maybe it's b/c eBay would cancel a "bootleg" auction?

Yeah that's my point. Lying about what it is, is weird. Maybe it's b/c eBay would cancel a "bootleg" auction?

I doubt ebay would do anything about it...they tend not to with bootleg arcade boards heh.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/116130596791

Not just a conversion, but a bootleg, remake of the PCB. Check out the silk screen vs a real pcb, the soldering on empty pads vs a real pcb and probably a few other things. He's selling a bunch of these. Also think about it...what's the point of converting a CV1000-D when all the boards are $$$$$$$$$$$$.

A couple of us concluded there is evidence to confirm that people have remade the PCB.
Sadly, that looks like a repro. I dont remember ever seeing any of the D pcbs with gold enig fingers, there are other little things too, like no label (you would leave that if it was simply a conversion) silkscreen, etc... I have only ever seen gold enig being used in like one game and that was on the B boards.

I guess this will test the waters to see what happens. Are we about to get flooded with a whole bunch of repro/bootlegs. Does Cave take action, if they can, because this is coming out of China. I guess now we will have to be extra careful when buying/selling these pcbs.

Much better than what folks are already doing converting them, honestly. And at least it's clearly labeled as not authentic.

Definitely means paying a lot more attention buying them moving forward. Though it's kinda been that way for a while now anyway.

1712182885945.png

Seller has SDOJ too.... 1.6k usd is a hard pill to swallow for a bootleg though.

Very interesting. I'd be all about it for even $500-800 if it's 1:1. $1600 is out of control, and passing it off as just a conversion makes it worse. The listing is gone so I can't double check to see if there was any verbiage indicating it was a repro/boot.

Not something I expected to see today. I want one, though.

Last edited:
I mean, people are willing to sell CPS2 conversions for roughly the same price as their original counterparts, anything's possible nowadays.

Back