What's new
For Sale
Happy to help.
I don't have any experience with a Chewlix but functionally they are modeled closely after the Vewlix and they are a fully realized cab. The Kraylix is like what you'd get if you built a cab based on a description someone gave you over the phone :whistling:

This purchase as well as a few other purchases I made early in my collecting I've come to realize that when it comes to cabs DO NOT COMPROMISE. Figure out exactly what you want and then save up and start hunting for EXACTLY THAT.

If you settle for something less than what you really want in a cab, then there will come a time when you have the opportunity but not the ability to buy what you wanted in the first place because either your money or your space will be tied up in that compromise, and you'll come to regret buying it instead of waiting.

This has happened to me several times, and it's the one piece of advice I give to everyone who is new to the hobby.

Yeah that logic makes a lot of sense. Definitely when I look at the Kraylix or any other custom built cabinet, I always have a ton of questions. With the Chewlix, my only real question is how good the monitor is in terms of lag. But I think I can work around that eventually. Plus it's already wired up for Jamma, Which I wanted anyway.

Again, Thanks for your input! I love this forum!

IMHO----The best value for your bucks is a Vewlix L.. that is $1600 before shipping.. Great monitor for the money, Taito hardware inside and better build quality..

IMHO----The best value for your bucks is a Vewlix L.. that is $1600 before shipping.. Great monitor for the money, Taito hardware inside and better build quality..
where can i find one in europe for about that amount?

ive seen various on alibaba ,

also does anyone have a rrp on a real viewlix cab, and what is the contact details for taito (for viewlix parts/cabs)?

@horse Taito won't just sell you a single machine, I think the smallest order they will entertain is 4 cabs (I remember this statement from the Vewlix Black order).
Even IF you have cash for a container order, they still might not deal with you... Some items they only sell to arcade operators in good standing located in Japan.

@horse Taito won't just sell you a single machine, I think the smallest order they will entertain is 4 cabs (I remember this statement from the Vewlix Black order).
Even IF you have cash for a container order, they still might not deal with you... Some items they only sell to arcade operators in good standing located in Japan.
thanks for the reply, im looking for a single cab for my home so im not a business, trouble with alibaba/express is the shipping aspect as they ship to a port, but from there i have nbo clue what happens next.

any one ordered from alibaba before for a chelix and what seller did they use?

also they come with pandoras box and raspberry pie options what option would you go for and why>?

Pi, because you can load the software/os build you want.
The Pandora is a sealed device, so custom configuration is a no-go.

Pi, because you can load the software/os build you want.
The Pandora is a sealed device, so custom configuration is a no-go.
thank you sir just need to research more and figure out the shipping aspect of it as its all very new to me.

also on the chelix , is it easier to swap out screen should need be?

where can i find one in europe for about that amount?
ive seen various on alibaba ,

also does anyone have a rrp on a real viewlix cab, and what is the contact details for taito (for viewlix parts/cabs)?
Your best bet is reaching out on the Arcade Otaku forums. They're pretty heavily a European community, and there are a few well liked importers over there that could help you get what you're after.

where can i find one in europe for about that amount?ive seen various on alibaba ,

Your best bet is reaching out on the Arcade Otaku forums. They're pretty heavily a European community, and there are a few well liked importers over there that could help you get what you're after.
thank you sir, i will register there also.

Thanks alot everyone for the help

@horse

Contact www.rklok.nl or www.shadaloo.eu
Both move a lot of cabs from the Netherlands.

And before people start bitching about Shadaloo, he delivers decent cabs, cleaned inside and outside.
But he sold repro 2p panel which where bad quality, so he hasn’t got the best reputation on most forums...

Rklok doesn’t move much Vexlix as he tends to stick to CRT cabs, but if he has them they are very cheap

Do these cabs allow monitor rotation to vertical? I wonder how easy it is to replace the monitor with a higher quality one. I'm pretty sure these will be a little too laggy for my tastes. If swapping monitors isn't too much of a hassle, I may be sold
I'm not sure if you got your answer or not, but if this Chewlix is anything like mine, you can most definitely "tate" the monitor with a particular set of brackets - not off the shelf like an original

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36736&start=20#p485500

That being said, the speaker panels don't "fix" properly when in tate mode, I may have not done something properly but I couldn't find any holes to "secure" the speaker panels when I completed my initial tests. I have not rotated my cab since my initial tests as I have since acquired an Astro City purely for a shmups cab.

If you have any questions on the Chewlix, let me know as I have two of them.

As for your monitor question, I know for a fact if you touch base with a few retailers on Alibaba, they may potentially help you out. I know of a person that upgraded his Chewlix screen from a 1080p to a 1440p monitor, so it's definitely possible.

I decided to not really bother with vertical, just because of the time it takes to do so. I rather just get a 2nd cabinet, dedicated to vert games and call it a day. or get an aero city which is super quick with rotating the monitor!

Back