What's new
Want To Buy

KJ101

Beginner
Reaction score
Do Chewlix cabs usually come with a CPO light/ Marquee light included? If not, any recommendations on where you can purchase to upgrade?

Nope, only Taito official F/FC VLX cabs included the light.
At one time you could buy these "illumination kits" from Taito (was an optional upgrade for the L)...
But they have since discontinued them with the original VLX line (as they DO NOT fit into Diamonds or the L-AMI).

Nope, only Taito official F/FC VLX cabs included the light.
At one time you could buy these "illumination kits" from Taito, but they have since discontinued them with the original VLX line (they do NOT fit into Diamonds or the L-AMI).
Gotcha, do you know of any other solutions people use to light their CPO and Marquee. Can't seem to find any info on this.

do you know of any other solutions people use to light their CPO and Marquee
In the official VLX world its not as simple as just adding lights.
You see the marquee of a F/FC cab is frosted, to make it "glow" when lit from the base.
The Diamond Marquee is 100% clear (so it will never "glow" properly and would also need to be replaced).

Next issue is the move strip area, on a Diamond the base glass is white/solid color.
But on the F/FC this is again simi-transparent/frosted so the base light will pass thru (it would also need to be changed).

By the time you've replaced both move strip glasses, marquee plexi and installed illumination panels...
Plus the price of the Chewlix, I dare say you could have just purchased a F complete (aka don't waste the money now).

Look at how much the frosted marquee alone sells for (and its prob the last NoS one left in the entire world)...
Vewlix Marquee (G9501428A, F9007071Z): $280 - 1 available, no future reprints expected. These are really expensive. Recommend getting a repro from this guy on Arcade-Otaku. I'm going to take a Vewlix marquee into my plastics shop and see if I can make some too. This one is on-hand ready to ship.
280$!
The "guy on Aracde-Otaku" sells reproduction plexi's, they are 100% clear (ie not proper for use with illumination kits/likely the same as what you already have).

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoooooot my Chewlix came with a CPO light .. I had to disconnect that friggin thing cuz it was blinding me. @Derick2k suggest I put dimmers on them but I think I am just going to leave em disconnected.

I swear if I woulda left that thing on it would have given me a sun-burn!

I swear if I woulda left that thing on it would have given me a sun-burn!
It shouldn't be that bright Jesus, this is mine with nothing installed (so maximum brightness).
1n2ln7B.jpg

Maybe Chewlix isn't using frosted glass to dim it out?

I've always wanted to put a light panel on the move strip on my diamond. I always figured I'd have to put some semi transparent material in there over it.

This may be a dumb question...but do people light up their main Vewlix marquee panel? Not talking about the marquee topper above, but the main panel. If that makes sense.

but do people light up their main Vewlix marquee panel? Not talking about the marquee topper above, but the main panel.
The "main panel" is known as the "move strip" area.
IMO it would be wrong not too if you own a F/FC. :)

but do people light up their main Vewlix marquee panel? Not talking about the marquee topper above, but the main panel.
The "main panel" is known as the "move strip" area.IMO it would be wrong not too if you own a F/FC. :)
I'm speaking about the Red Vewlix F Marquee that's directly below the marquee topper. I've seen some that seem to be illuminated RED but it may be from adding a lighting strip to the back of the machine.

Back