What's new

pimppride

Beginner
Reaction score
this is my first venture into a " modern " arcade cab, this Chewlix followed me home so now it's time to get rid of the mediocre parts and make it a viable addition to the home arcade

a HUO cab with a neutered PC that directly boots to a god-awful front end, currently I added some more ram to it and added an upscaler to get it to 1920 x 1080 on the DVI input

I am reading up on all the variants of these setups Fast I/O vs JVS and what else I may or may not want to throw inside, to get off emulation and over to real hardware

a lot of parts already in my stash ( Darksoft CPS2 Multi, Jamma & FPGA boards, PC's )

looking for suggestions if anyone has links to what they have done, please post them up

a few photos of the current state, thanks for looking. ..

s-l1600.jpg

20221015_133109.jpg

20221015_164710.jpg
20221018_213436.jpg

Out of curiosity, if the cab is running a PC, why would an upscaler be needed? Even if the PC is super old and doesn't have digital output, you can use a VGA to HDMI/DVI converters that have little to no lag.

Edit: Ah I see. The PC has some sort of JAMMA/CHAMMA interface. If the monitor has a separate video out, it might be worth seeing if you can bypass the video from JAMMA edge and go directly into the LCD from the GPU instead.

yeah, I am more showing what the cab currently has, I think the JAMMA/CHAMMA interface is similar to a USB I/O with VGA? I have to remove it and have a more in depth look

the LCD is older with only VGA & DVI connections, for now it will do, I plan on going directly from the GPU to the LCD for the PC

am I wrong thinking I should ditch the current setup and wire in a JAMMA Extractor ( I have a couple from AxunWorks on hand ) and let a PC and some brook boards handle all the controls and other tasks

switching from Jamma to other inputs handled by a KVM or is that going to introduce input lag?

yes, it has no direct useable I/O ( JVS or Fast ) so going the direct PC route. ..

lots of parts, stipped, working on the rewire

20221022_074236.jpg

Attachments

• 20221112_124816.jpg
    20221112_124816.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 56
Back