What's new

DCrosby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got (2 Matching) PC133 Non-ECC Dimm Modules, in the hopes of playing some Battle Operation Simulator, and other games, but I kind of hit a wall.

Initially I got this error with a superimposed Japanese Region error, which I went into the System menu and changed, and then that went away and I was left with just this error:

Error 14
Network firmware version does not fulfill the game spec.
Required version 12.09
20230715_122027.jpg

Then I looked at the system menu:
20230715_122124.jpg

and it is indeed newer, which I would think would not be an issue, but apparently it is. Has anybody been able to successfully play Gundam, on Chihiro, or is it just in the Wi-Pi menu for good measure?
Any Suggestions ?

It makes a check for that specific net revision. Unfortunately you can't just edit the game to remove this check as the kernel is checking the code sections for the correct hash. I have a custom kernel which removes these checks and can do fun stuff like play Gundam and edit games for real 1024x768 support not monitor stretch. This is something that the person who did the retail to chihiro conversion kernel could've done but chose not too.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    716.8 KB · Views: 53
  • PXL_20230514_213721799.jpg
    PXL_20230514_213721799.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: nem
Oh, cool!
So I'm a bit rough on the Chihiro Kernel... is this like a Linux Kernel, where you have to patch the base Chihiro OS/Firmware, or is this just something where someone has to release a patched ISO/Image to load onto the Net-Dim ?

The kernel on the Xbox checks the signature and changing anything causes it to fail the check thus returning to segaboot. The netdimm does allow for modification of running memory, however the section the kernel is running is write protected (at least with the built-in netdimm memory commands) so you can't just edit the running title/kernel. The patch would require you to reflash the TSOP on the Xbox board, then edit the game and netboot.

Yeah, that sounds like a lot of grief, as I've tried to Jailbreak a Xbox OG, and it's a lot of trickery, and trouble for a single game. Maybe like you said someone would be able to patch it, and re-generate a new checksum, so it would boot.

It's a fair bit of work. If you're doing a retail to Chihiro conversion it's not much extra since you're already flashing the Xbox's TSOP. But I'm probably not going to release the patch anyway, I think there's very little interest in such things, and it was more for my own experimentation, plus getting to be able to create the special music cards that MT2 had hidden.

Attachments

• PXL_20230510_152308451.jpg
    PXL_20230510_152308451.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 42
Back