What's new

Dakken

Student
Reaction score
So I've got a Netboard for a Chihiro/Triforce type 3 that's appears to be Bricked is it a lost cause destined for the parts bin or is it possible to resurrect it?

How bricked? Black Screen? What did you do to brick it?

I can't configure network gives communication error when it's hooked up. I swapped it with different net board that worked.

I even tried updating the FW (disc and Key) thinking it might just be a version issue still couldn't configure it and it's been like that since I acquired it

Last edited:
hmmm that's not bricked mate. Bricked is black screen and you see nothing. Dead. Black.

That seems to be a configuration problem. Have you setup properly the Mask address, IP adress, etc.?

How are you connecting it? Are you using a crossed ethernet cable?

Problem is when under the test menu the Dimm board is fine but it's now not even detecting the network board when running the dimm test. When under network configuration that's where I get the communication error message and can't configure the IP.

hdsvqU4.jpg

i3adTkW.jpg

Problem is when under the test menu the Dimm board is fine but it's now not even detecting the network board when running the dimm test. When under network configuration that's where I get the communication error message and can't configure the IP.

hdsvqU4.jpg

i3adTkW.jpg
Make sure that the network board, that goes over the MEdia Board, is properly seating. Looks to me like it's making bad contact or has gone broken, definitely not bricked ;)

thanks darksoft ill have to double check the connector for busted pins and look for bad traces.

Back