What's new

Type47

Beginner
Reaction score
Recently picked up my first PGM and a couple games. Ordered a supergun mini from axunworks then realized it won't be here for some time. Went to see what I could find that was in stock and landed on cbox/supergun 2.0 from China. Clear case, red boards, 5v potentiometer and pictures of it running an array of arcade hardware I bought it thinking it would suffice. It does, as all the games run with proper sound and graphics. Some distortion/popping in the audio but I'm really enjoying the games. Sure everything is working but I starting to get concerned is this supergun and cheap power supply going to fry my current and future carts and pcbs? Well, the 5v display reads 5.18v when running the PGM and I have the 5v potentiometer turned all the way down. Took a reading from the jamma edge with a multimeter and it tested 5.16v. Everything I read on here is indicating PGM likes 5v, 5.05v so I disconnected the supergun and am in limbo until the axunworks shipment arrives. I've thrown around a dozen hours of play time towards each title before realizing I might be damaging my new games and hardware with the current supergun....how bad was this for the system and carts?

It's no problem as long as it's really outputting that...

Why not grab a HAS? It's probably one of the best SG out there an in stock right now. Price is just right too...

Okay cool thanks for the replies. I'm definitely interested in a HAS but am not seeing any available at the moment. The HAS website says the store is closed until July/August.

As others have said, it’s going to be fine, 5.15 is well within tolerance. And TBH a lot of multimeters aren’t really accurate past the first decimal place anyway - no harm done.

And also as others have said HAS or Minigun (from trusted maker) for the win. Many arcade boards are now $1000+ I wouldn’t trust anything except a HAS or a Minigun that I made with my own hands nowadays.

In defence of that chinese supergun on the silkscreen it does show 5.15V as the minimum 5 volt rail voltage which is a little odd, not sure why it would be like that that by design

Back