What's new

bboycap

Student
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just got a free Toshiba PF D29C051 with A68LZU185X tube from my friend. I am planning to replace the bad chassis and wondering if there is any compatible chassis I can use in case I can’t find the original one(PD2367)
Can I use PD1843 and PB9929 on the tube since they are all for D29C051? Any thing I should pay attention?

I have read all related posts and tried to find a confirmed answer in the forum, but didn’t see any.
Any answer will be appreciated! Thanks.

The PD1843 which is also known as the DS7209A , PD2367 , PB9929 ,and R-1781 all use compatible yokes so you can interchange all of them.
Got it. Thanks for the information. One more question, are they also sharing the same VGA board and power cable?so I can use only one set of the vga board and power cable on all the chassis you mentioned above without modifying the connectors.

Got it. Thanks for the information. One more question, are they also sharing the same VGA board and power cable?so I can use only one set of the vga board and power cable on all the chassis you mentioned above without modifying the connectors.
That's correct , one other thing most people get confused about are the 2 input connectors on these chassis , the VGA adapter has a white 6 pin connector on the other end, this connects to the Black input connector on the chassis for VGA , the White input connector is for CGA/EGA ( 15/25K )

Last edited:
I thought they were for high and low impedance. I'm pretty sure I've piped low impedance 15hkz from a Tekken 3 through the black connector.

thought they were for high and low impedance. I'm pretty sure I've piped low impedance 15hkz from a Tekken 3 through the black connector.
The black is the 0.75v input or more commonly referred to as 1.0v Peak to Peak , The white input is the 3.0v input.
Most of the games these chassis are used for are PC based so use the black input, standard CGA/EGA games have a 3v output so use the white connector.
No problem using the black connector because both connectors fortunately accept comp sync, the difference is using the black input for standard games is that the input IC has to attenuate the signal to prevent the colors being over saturated, it does this quite well but it does run hotter than normal and I have also replaced a few faulty ones.( I can't say for sure if using the wrong input has caused this ).
It's actually marked beside the connectors 0.75v beside the black and 3.0v beside the white.

That's correct , one other thing most people get confused about are the 2 input connectors on these chassis , the VGA adapter has a white 6 pin connector on the other end, this connects to the Black input connector on the chassis for VGA , the White input connector is for CGA/EGA ( 15/25K )

Cool! That's awesome. It will be easier for me to swap the chassis since I don't need to change the connectors. Thanks again for the info! :D

Back