What's new

Papalati

Student
Reaction score
TLDR: I have a Yellow Lindbergh. No games. It had no cpu or hsf. I got the cpu and hsf. Going to repair it. But after I get it to post don’t know what to do. I also acquired a CF card for it but not sure what the CF card is used for.

Is there a utility disk to run tests?

Will I need to get a hard drive based game to test functionality?

Thanks in advance!

The cf card runs "the sega boot loader", or the "os" if you want, which in turns loads the game from the hard drive.

You need
-a security key
- a hard drive
- an install DVD for the game corresponding to your security key
- a dvd reader, preferably an external one to install the game
- patience and good searching and reading skill.

Thanks for the info and I’m assuming sarcasm at the end. 👍🏻

yeah ... I have 2 of them, one came running Sega race TV (still does), the other well .... never could get anything out of it.

yeah ... I have 2 of them, one came running Sega race TV (still does), the other well .... never could get anything out of it.
Yeah it came with a security dongle but no game, dvd or hdd, so not sure what was originally with it. I'll have to check around for a list that I'm sure somebody made.
Is a security dongle required for lindbergh games on a hdd or just dvd based games?

Last edited:
The cf card runs "the sega boot loader", or the "os" if you want, which in turns loads the game from the hard drive.

You need
-a security key
- a hard drive
- an install DVD for the game corresponding to your security key
- a dvd reader, preferably an external one to install the game
- patience and good searching and reading skill.
Just to back up to this one after looking around and seeing various drives for sale or discs for sale etc. Because sometimes I see just the drive for sale or just the disc and security dongle for sale.

So just to reiterate on how to get this to work I need:
  1. A working Lindbergh ;)
  2. A compact flash Lindbergh card. (Does this need to be a specific version? Cause I bought it from a guy that says he tested it and it is working. Is it hard-coded to a specific Lindbergh or are they universal?)
  3. Once the OS loads, then I use an external DVD drive and a Lindbergh Game DVD and security dongle to install it to a HDD. Does the drive have to be special? Can I use an SSD instead?
Thanks for your help, hopefully if I understood you correctly and there's no kinks in my plan I should be able to accomplish this.

The cf card is universal
What are the numbers on your dongle?
Yes you can use a ssd

And that sounds about right

are you sure the cf card is universal?
i thought there was atleast 2 with different o.s. on them.

make sure you have the latest Lind bios or it may not recognise the cpu.
it still runs i think, but it has an annoying boot message

The cf card is universal
What are the numbers on your dongle?
Yes you can use a ssd

And that sounds about right
are you sure the cf card is universal?
i thought there was atleast 2 with different o.s. on them.

make sure you have the latest Lind bios or it may not recognise the cpu.
it still runs i think, but it has an annoying boot message

Here is the card I have...

lindberghCF.jpg

that card may be undumped,
mame only has rev.B

not these numbers, the numbers on the dongle, the security chip, bottom left here, black with tiny white sticker:
Image1.png

Last edited:
Nice. I figured out that the security dongle I have is for Sports Jam. Blah.
How do you know? Have you opened inside to see what chip really is inside the plastic shell? Is it a 16F628 or 16F648A? Post a picture please.

And how will you know by me posting a picture of the plastic with the little white sticker with the numbers on it cause I’m certainly not gonna open it up to take a picture of it. By going off of the numbers on the sticker it says that it’s sports jam which means it’s for the Naomi. So when I take it and I use my sports jam disk with the security dongle to verify that it is indeed sports jam and it loads the game… that is how I know. 🤪

Why it was in a Lindbergh I do not know but at least the mystery is solved now.

And how will you know by me posting a picture of the plastic with the little white sticker with the numbers on it
Because I know more :)
I’m certainly not gonna open it up to take a picture of it
It's a plastic shell, not glued or hard closed. Nobody can notice that it has been open, but hey, thanks for letting me know. In general in this forum we try to help each other as much as we can.

Because I know more :)

It's a plastic shell, not glued or hard closed. Nobody can notice that it has been open, but hey, thanks for letting me know. In general in this forum we try to help each other as much as we can.
I am well aware of your credentials and have even bought some of your products in the past. And while I appreciate your years of experience and your contributions to this forum I did not read your previous reply as helpful based on its tone Whether you meant to or not , your words came across with a condescending tone. Choosing the wording of “And how do you know?” Comes across, again to me, as an assumption that just I’m smarter than you or I know more than you obviously, and that Because I don’t know anything about how the Lindbergh system works or just because I’m new on the forums means I don’t know anything at all. Again, that is how it came across.

Thank you again for your replies and I do look forward to seeking your assistance if an issue arises with my cps2 or stv multi. Thank you for your hard work. 🙂

Back