What's new
your words came across with a condescending tone
I'm wasn't by any means challenging you. My question was simple and clear, no condescending tone or anything like that. I wanted to know how did you find out, very simple.

Simply rephrasing even simple questions can make a difference on how they can be taking in and out of context. And I'm speaking purely from experience on this one, as I once was the one called out on for my poor choice of wording.

A simple example, instead of saying, "And how do you know?" could've been rephrased to "And how were you able to verify that?" or even shorter with "How'd you verify that?" You see what I mean? :)

Thanks for replying and letting me know you meant no ill-will. I understand now that you were just trying to quickly reply and straight to the point. I just hope you appreciate and understand it from my perspective as well.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Thank you to everyone that has helped so far in this thread, I will work on the motherboard repair over the next few days and let you guys know if I run into any trouble or have success. :)

Assuming the tone of text written by a non-native English speaker isn't ideal I'd say. He asked because he's trying to archive every pic chip for Lindberg and nowadays you can't assume the chip inside the plastic case because operators switched them around for unknown reasons. As far as knowledge about Lindbergh goes, on this site, Darksoft by far has more knowledge than anyone else.

Anyways, I don't think an SSD can be used for original games. On the multigames it can be because the multigames don't have security on the HDD. With original games the HDD is locked after install.

Assuming the tone of text written by a non-native English speaker isn't ideal I'd say. He asked because he's trying to archive every pic chip for Lindberg and nowadays you can't assume the chip inside the plastic case because operators switched them around for unknown reasons. As far as knowledge about Lindbergh goes, on this site, Darksoft by far has more knowledge than anyone else.

Anyways, I don't think an SSD can be used for original games. On the multigames it can be because the multigames don't have security on the HDD. With original games the HDD is locked after install.
I agree with what you’re saying, but who’s to say that English is my native language as well? Just because I live in the states doesn’t mean I’m originally from the states. And simply using some context as you did with the reasoning behind identifying the chip goes a long way in good communication. And if you go back and look at a reply I did, not only did I acknowledge his contributions to the site but also to the world community with his products, as I own 2 of them and wouldn’t have them without @Darksoft. So we all owe him a whole lot of respect and gratitude. And I’ve been aware for years on swapping of various items for illegitimate reasons. From MVS to Atomiswave to Dongles and Discs relabeled. I just want to reiterate, it shouldn’t be assumed that just because someone is new to a forum or site and is asking newbie questions about specific systems doesn’t mean they don’t know about other things or even extremely knowledgeable about them as well. Im not saying that is the case here, I’m just saying it as just general etiquette on the web as a whole. I’ve been guilty of it before as well. I’ve even suggested on other forums to have it posted what languages people speak and what is their native language so that can be a consideration. But based on his previous interactions with others and then the way I read his reply to me I came away with my assumption of his tone which I will apologize again for and note again his great accomplishments to the community as a whole. Thank you @Darksoft

Why couldn’t you use an ssd to install to if you have the original disc and dongle?

Also couldn’t you use a raw byte cloner, like ones from Calvary, to do a clone of the original hdd to ssd? I’ve used them in the past to do cloned drives that were encrypted. Any chance that that might work?

you need the password to unlock the drive and you have to lock the ssd with the same password.
so bruteforcing or hacking the drive open wont help

you could use the MULTI stuff and just have one game, but i dont know where you get the security pic from

you need the password to unlock the drive and you have to lock the ssd with the same password.
so bruteforcing or hacking the drive open wont help

you could use the MULTI stuff and just have one game, but i dont know where you get the security pic from
But all you need is the game on dvd and its security dongle to do a fresh install to an SSD right?

Oh yes, the mysterious MULTI, where I see people joke about having to talk to only the most evil people on the dark web to procure such an elusive grail-like item. lol. I saw one or two on ebay a few years ago, but then poof... gone and not again. I'm assuming because Sega was still operating some in Sega City before they shut them all down that people didn't want to even "touch" the Multi game in fear of attracting Sega's attention.

the files are on wayback-machine but not the pic code

You'll need a PATA to SATA adapter if you plan on trying an SSD, as the standard Lindbergh installation will only work on PATA disks (segaboot which installs the game is directly linked to /dev/hda not /dev/sda which is the sata bus). I'm also unsure if the ATA locking commands will transfer over from the PATA bus to the SATA bus correctly, as I doubt the convertors are that clever - so I'd think that it's probably unlikely that it'll work at all, but if you've got a spare few pounds/dollars you could try the adapter! Would be interested to know a definitive answer!

In terms of discussions of the CF cards, the dumps aren't that exciting. When you install a game it wipes the operating system partition on the CF card, and completely re images it with an image thats distrobuted with the game. The only partition that stays in tact is the grub bootloader partition, which has nothing of much interest in. So any CF card should work fine, although it'll need to be one that is compatible with the locking procedure on the Lindbergh, so I'd suggest any original card (like the one you have).

The Jakulus Multi will run from an SSD in the SATA port, and the pic code is now public but I'm not sure where that lives yet. It's a Hummer Extreme key with the GAME ID set to SBJJ and development mode enabled. I'd suggest searching for that online rather than paying for it - it's all there, just takes a while to find + people to ask!

And also as a little side note, in defence of Darksoft, generally after years of helping people you have to assume that everyone knows nothing. Obviously in your personal case, you're very knowlegeable and have the ability to cross check things (in a very smart way might I add), however the amount of times people make assumptions on their own that are wrong means it's always useful to know how they came to that conclusion. You'll find a lot of people here talk in quite short sentences, purely from English being their second language, so please don't take it personally! I do understand your concern however, we're all very smart individuals and it's often difficult to have someone quesiton you!

I'm not 100% sure whats allowed on here anymore in terms of Lindbergh discussion, but feel free to PM me if you wanted to know anything else that might not be allowed.

Last edited:
You'll need a PATA to SATA adapter if you plan on trying an SSD, as the standard Lindbergh installation will only work on PATA disks (segaboot which installs the game is directly linked to /dev/hda not /dev/sda which is the sata bus). I'm also unsure if the ATA locking commands will transfer over from the PATA bus to the SATA bus correctly, as I doubt the convertors are that clever - so I'd think that it's probably unlikely that it'll work at all, but if you've got a spare few pounds/dollars you could try the adapter! Would be interested to know a definitive answer!

In terms of discussions of the CF cards, the dumps aren't that exciting. When you install a game it wipes the operating system partition on the CF card, and completely re images it with an image thats distrobuted with the game. The only partition that stays in tact is the grub bootloader partition, which has nothing of much interest in. So any CF card should work fine, although it'll need to be one that is compatible with the locking procedure on the Lindbergh, so I'd suggest any original card (like the one you have).

The Jakulus Multi will run from an SSD in the SATA port, and the pic code is now public but I'm not sure where that lives yet. It's a Hummer Extreme key with the GAME ID set to SBJJ and development mode enabled. I'd suggest searching for that online rather than paying for it - it's all there, just takes a while to find + people to ask!

And also as a little side note, in defence of Darksoft, generally after years of helping people you have to assume that everyone knows nothing. Obviously in your personal case, you're very knowlegeable and have the ability to cross check things (in a very smart way might I add), however the amount of times people make assumptions on their own that are wrong means it's always useful to know how they came to that conclusion. You'll find a lot of people here talk in quite short sentences, purely from English being their second language, so please don't take it personally! I do understand your concern however, we're all very smart individuals and it's often difficult to have someone quesiton you!

I'm not 100% sure whats allowed on here anymore in terms of Lindbergh discussion, but feel free to PM me if you wanted to know anything else that might not be allowed.
Thank you for reaching out and offering help personally. I will definitely take you up on it. I figured with all the official Sega arcades shutting down and closing in Japan that the Lindbergh stuff could be discussed now, but wasn't sure.

I'll definitely be in touch as soon as I get the mainboard working. The OEM HSF just came in on Friday and I just haven't had time to install the cpu and see if it posts.

So what's the deal with 15-year-old Lindbergh when other multis are talked about freely here?

it comes down to 2 things.
1: is a forum member making money from it.
2: does the company still send lawyers after people.

i dont know how extreme sega's legal department is, but i can tell you that AMI(Merit) still chase people over megatouch software and dont even get me started on Nintendo!

We haven't updated our official stance publicly yet but we have decided that, in regards to any PC based arcade system, we will allow discussion about how to operate the hardware unaltered using original parts but we will NOT allow talk of hacking, bypassing security, dumping, running altered software, etc.

Some PC based systems were allowed to be discussed in the past (i.e. TX2) and those threads will not be removed but any new info for running PC based systems in a way not intended by the manufacturer will be removed and not allowed.

There are lots of other sources of info on PC based system out there. PC based modding invites a toxic crowd and we just plain don't want to have that info here. Period.

No mods here make any money from PC based systems so that had no bearing on the decision by the mods.

BTW any talk I'm PM is alright so if you think someone can help send them a PM. They can probably point you in the right direction there.

Back