What's new

Uroko Sakanabito

Professional
Reaction score
Hey, i am pretty confused about my Gunlock PCB.
Cannot find any F3 Gunlock that looks like it;

_nc_ohc=Ztt1H9KXVA4AX-Dfu2i&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.jpg

X-42AzR&tn=ovmioJcJztLRCpYQ&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.jpg

Some of the Roms have japanese (?) writings on it but that makes no sense because Gunlock is the EU version?
_nc_ohc=7lKByhPbLj4AX9VjD3o&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.jpg

Is this some conversion?

Thank you!

ShootTheCore

Legendary
Reaction score
Yep, that's a conversion. It was some other game originally, and then the original ROM chips were swapped out for reprogrammed EPROMs. The electrical tape covering the windows on the EPROMs is a dead giveaway. The handwriting is just from whatever tech did the conversion. :D

Asure

Professional
Reaction score
The writing matches with Raystom in Japanese (レイフォース)
However, this is a PCB from Electrocoin, and we have seen several prototypes/TEST versions from them surface over the years.
Can you go into test mode and show the version/date it prints there please?
Please, do not erase or re-write the eproms, this may be undumped revision, also strange as has euro name, and japanese roms.

Asure

Professional
Reaction score
This board is a proto/test/sample board, but the version on it is already dumped. But when it was dumped for Mame it came from another board.
Version O is probably 'overseas'. There are some pictures from the board it came from, it's not the same you have. The EL sticker indicates an Electrocoin inventory number i think.

https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthrea...collapsed&sb=6&o=&fpart=1&vc=1&new=1552889983

So, your board is one of at least two prototypes of this game, and it's pretty rare i say. (Production version was 2.3) :) Enjoy the game!

Uroko Sakanabito

Professional
Reaction score
Hey, thank you (again!)
The last owner did buy it @ Cosmicco some HK PCB Seller around 20-25 years ago.