What's new

Tornadoboy

Student
Reaction score
I don't know how feasible it is but it's just a thought, those monitors are a serious pain in the butt to find and even worse to keep working, it would be great if there was a way to connect them to more common monitors like say those used by Atari in Battlezone and Asteroids.

I guess for that matter a converter to use standard res monitors in place of medium res would be awesome too.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you would never be able to use a standard CGA monitor to run Vector games. The chassis is wildly different.

I'm pretty sure you would never be able to use a standard CGA monitor to run Vector games. The chassis is wildly different.
I'm talking about using other more common vector monitors like those used by Atari, not raster monitors. There actually is an adapter available to use some color vector games on a raster monitor, but I doubt it looks very good, and it's expensive as hell.

I'm pretty sure someone is building new vector chassis that can be hooked up to raster tubes from normal TVs I've seen a few videos and pics of these running:

Back