What's new
please check if it maybe undumped revision, older DOC versions which uses 171-7919A is not common and I suppose we might miss some of these.while most common at ebay DOC World Edition uses 171-8132B rom board type.
I opened it up, and it is 171-8132B.
IMG_20191003_120707.jpg

Anything useful for dumping?

Sorry, not much to update... my current best idea would be to replace IC22 with a daughter board for higher capacity flash. Though so far I haven't had the time to trace the /CS and higher address lines for the other ROMs to find a good place where to grab them. The daughter board could use a more reliable/cheaper connector, or IC22 could be replaced with a textool socket.

So you would still need an original cartridge to provide the host interface, and have the games on a separate board.

Alternatively if someone has documentation on the CN3 bus/171-7919A I can have a look at laying out a flash board. Though PCBs with higher density flash will not be an easy DIY project.

@Mrhide OzOne documented CN1 and CN2 pinouts (G1 and G2 buses), but his CN3 is useles because all pins goes to Altera FPGA and their's functions is unknown. if anyone want to RE/document it - need to look from cart side.

I found one reference to OzOne on Assemblergames and some connector pinouts. Is there anything newer/final?

I've got some pictures of tables. The Mega NZ link doesn't seem to work any more... :(

So I got another Naomi in the mail today. And it had what looks to originally be a Guilty Gear cart, converted (sloppily) over to Virtua NBA on a 171-7919A board.

Is it possible to convert this back to something useful?

I'm currently reading this thread from the beginning on pg 13. So forgive my ignorance, but is the 171-7919A something difficult to work with?
As for programming, I've got a top3100 and a TL86CS. Not sure if either can program the 26L6420. The TL does have a sop44 adapter, and I've got another homemade program that I have to to program 29L3211s

Might be fun to have a MvsC2 or Virtual On cart.

Thx :)

Some dude on eBay is selling ikaruga carts. I’m a sucker for ikaruga and didn’t want to buy the Gdrom version but this works for me. Serial # starts with BAYE. Not sure if that is enough to tell what game it was. Hmm, just looked at my Virtua tennis cart and also starts with “BAYE”. So I don’t know.

Curiosity got the best of me so I opened it up. So 3 ics replaced, some wires and diodes, a resistor and a burned eeprom.

Attachments

• F83B0465-1710-4771-9E66-7131C9AA67E4.jpeg
    F83B0465-1710-4771-9E66-7131C9AA67E4.jpeg
    621.1 KB · Views: 184
  • A2FC5E46-C2E4-440D-8436-963EC5CDEAB2.jpeg
    A2FC5E46-C2E4-440D-8436-963EC5CDEAB2.jpeg
    845.2 KB · Views: 221
  • 2971173E-ABD9-4105-8DA2-9B9DB7C89B29.jpeg
    2971173E-ABD9-4105-8DA2-9B9DB7C89B29.jpeg
    805.1 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Awesome! I didn’t know about this! Can anyone burn me a rom please? Probably time I get a burner really, but if anyone can sell me one for this game that would be awesome.

I don't think it's THAT easy compared to say a socket chip on a cps2 board. I believe you'll need a hot air station and some surface mount soldering skills to change out those roms.
NOPE. its 1 socketed ROM, you just program the patched one and pop it in.
IMG_0094.jpg
COOL. Something I did not know

Awesome! I didn’t know about this! Can anyone burn me a rom please? Probably time I get a burner really, but if anyone can sell me one for this game that would be awesome.
What do you mean sell you one ? If you insert an original Virtua Tennis EPROM the game will not run since 2 of the MASK ROMs have been changed.

What do you mean sell you one ? If you insert an original Virtua Tennis EPROM the game will not run since 2 of the MASK ROMs have been changed.
I'm talking about the marvel vs capcom 2 rom swap to get all the characters unlocked

Haha he has this game on eBay now and description says “prototype cart”. Yeah ok. Why can’t he just say conversion and he lists this stuff as “new”. Kind of strange. I guess I can’t complain. Ikaruga works.

SEGA NAOMI DOKI DOKI IDOL STARSEEKER CARTRIDGE

Back