What's new

zerox_dogma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I’m new and sorry for dumb questions.
I’ll apreciate help

I’ll buy a phoenixed cps1.5 warrior of fate
All original case and board but Phoenixed I think the game died and revived phoenixing the board.
I’m a crazy collector and I like the things in original state but a friend tell me its good buy Phoenixed 1.5 games because I’ll not have problem with the battery.
what you think guys?? Can I convert this Phoenixed game to the original stated with the InfiniKey-CPS1 I saw in the forum. Or its the same thing?
I’m little confused with this.

I have 7 cps2 games And I bought those games with the original battery and use InfiniKey-CPS2 and works like charms.
Is the fisrt time I’m trying to buy a Phoenixed game.
Here is the picture of the board.

Attachments

• CA695DF1-59E4-4658-B953-4017C69A9B1C.jpeg
    CA695DF1-59E4-4658-B953-4017C69A9B1C.jpeg
    797.1 KB · Views: 143
Yes, Undamned from these forums has developed two chips you will need for CPS1.5, and he used my WoF2 to verify they do both work.

For now there are two issues.

1. Undamned hasn't begun selling the chips yet to do this.
2. You will need to take a few steps to un-Pheonix this when you get his chips.

But it shouldn't be a problem when he's ready to go. Just sit tight and he'll post when they are for sale.

Yes, Undamned from these forums has developed two chips you will need for CPS1.5, and he used my WoF2 to verify they do both work.

For now there are two issues.

1. Undamned hasn't begun selling the chips yet to do this.
2. You will need to take a few steps to un-Pheonix this when you get his chips.

But it shouldn't be a problem when he's ready to go. Just sit tight and he'll post when they are for sale.
Oh god, I apreciate hear (read) that :D
so, I can buy the game!!!
Because I was little confused.
I have a question, I can see another battery in the board. What is the function of that battery, if that battery died I can loose the game too? Why if somebody Phoenixed the game don’t remove that battery too 8|

InfiniKey-CPS1

and

InfiniKey-Kabuki

for the second battery from link above:

Q-Sound games that have both C and audio board encryption (yes, double suicide action):

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
Muscle Bomber / Saturday Night Slam Masters
Muscle Bomber Duo
Punisher [TESTED]
Tenchi wo Kurau II / Warriors of Fate [TESTED]

I have a question, I can see another battery in the board. What is the function of that battery, if that battery died I can loose the game too? Why if somebody Phoenixed the game don’t remove that battery too
CPS1.5 boards have two keys and require two infinity keys.
Also just for the sake of accuracy, we generally only refer to CPS2 games as Phoenixed when decrypted to use a null/zero value key.
CPS1.5 games are converted to use a B21-C-board (common SF2CE/HF C-board with no battery) its a slightly different approach, again more like a conversion than decryption.

I have a question, I can see another battery in the board. What is the function of that battery, if that battery died I can loose the game too? Why if somebody Phoenixed the game don’t remove that battery too
CPS1.5 boards have two keys and require two infinity keys.Also just for the sake of accuracy, we generally only refer to CPS2 games as Phoenixed when decrypted to use a null/zero value key.
CPS1.5 games are converted to use a B21-C-board (common SF2CE/HF C-board with no battery) its a slightly different approach, again more like a conversion than decryption.
OK, but if I install those InfiniKey-CPS1 the board will unPhoenixed to original state. Thats is what I want in the furure when they sell those kits
I’m right??

CPS1.5 boards have two keys and require two infinity keys.Also just for the sake of accuracy, we generally only refer to CPS2 games as Phoenixed when decrypted to use a null/zero value key.CPS1.5 games are converted to use a B21-C-board (common SF2CE/HF C-board with no battery) its a slightly different approach, again more like a conversion than decryption.
OK, but if I install those InfiniKey-CPS1 the board will unPhoenixed to original state. Thats is what I want in the furure when they sell those kitsI’m right??
No, you have to install both chips, undo the bridge soldering, replace the removed resistors, and return the EPROMS to the original state as well.

Everything done here, in reverse, plus the two Undamned chips.

http://www.arcadecollecting.com/dead/

^^^ Un-do the above AND un-do the below:

http://www.arcadecollecting.com/dead/cps-q.html

CPS1.5 boards have two keys and require two infinity keys.Also just for the sake of accuracy, we generally only refer to CPS2 games as Phoenixed when decrypted to use a null/zero value key.CPS1.5 games are converted to use a B21-C-board (common SF2CE/HF C-board with no battery) its a slightly different approach, again more like a conversion than decryption.
OK, but if I install those InfiniKey-CPS1 the board will unPhoenixed to original state. Thats is what I want in the furure when they sell those kitsI’m right??
No, you have to install both chips, undo the bridge soldering, replace the removed resistors, and return the EPROMS to the original state as well.
Everything done here, in reverse, plus the two Undamned chips.

http://www.arcadecollecting.com/dead/

^^^ Un-do the above AND un-do the below:

http://www.arcadecollecting.com/dead/cps-q.html
Damn but is much work. Is the result is the same as phoenixed thing, Maybe I’ll left the game Phoenixed :P

Is the result is the same as phoenixed thing
Debatable... In theory it should be the same yes.

However we have discovered a few decryption errors over the years, and I personally suspect a few might still exists within these sets.
IF you run original ROMs you never have to worry about potential differences or bugs that could have been introduced as part of the decryption/patch process.

My preference is for Infinity Key'd PCBs using original ROMs.

Is the result is the same as phoenixed thing
Debatable... In theory it should be the same yes.
However we have discovered a few decryption errors over the years, and I personally suspect a few might still exists within these sets.
IF you run original ROMs you never have to worry about potential differences or bugs that could have been introduced as part of the decryption/patch process.

My preference is for Infinity Key'd PCBs using original ROMs.
Thats why I want use unPhoenixed this game and use infinikey. If I need send the pcb to some expert I’ll do it :D

All my CPS1.5s are phoenixed as well and I too will be doing this, but right now we wait for Undamned to sell is amazing product!

I think reversing the process is a LOT easier than doing it, other than one SMD part that was removed. Still, I don't think it's too hard, especially if you have the ability to solder on Undamnds chip, this shouldn't be too much extra work.

All my CPS1.5s are phoenixed as well and I too will be doing this, but right now we wait for Undamned to sell is amazing product!

I think reversing the process is a LOT easier than doing it, other than one SMD part that was removed. Still, I don't think it's too hard, especially if you have the ability to solder on Undamnds chip, this shouldn't be too much extra work.
Ok, your words make me feel better ^^

Somebody talk me I need the original eprom (data) for return the game to the original state (unPhoenix) when the infinikey be ready.
Damn this thing going explode my head X/

so I can revert the game to the original state with mame roms? In this case is TK2A??? I’m right???

Attachments

• 550355DA-58DC-449F-8DCC-7A8B10A74AD6.jpeg
    550355DA-58DC-449F-8DCC-7A8B10A74AD6.jpeg
    797.1 KB · Views: 191
Where I can buy this part. Is like a jamma converter right??

Attachments

• 11D3575C-9B50-4C90-9103-BC955DDCFF16.jpeg
    11D3575C-9B50-4C90-9103-BC955DDCFF16.jpeg
    352.7 KB · Views: 114
Back