What's new
If the Nanao MS9 isn’t available new, what’s the best alternative monitor that is sold new?

If you don't want to take the time to learn about old electronics and how to maintain them, don't buy old electronics. They will need maintenance and they will break, and then you'll be stuck.

A Unico Nova Blast would cover most of what you want without the headaches of learning a whole hobby. You could set up a PC with Fightcade, maybe customize the joystick and buttons, and be done with it.

Last edited:
Here is my cab, is a home built 3/4 size replica of a us sf2 type z back cab. I found some pictures and some basic scale drawings (without measurements just showing proportions) and sized the build in inscape. I used a 3:4 19" Dell LCD (I can hear people screaming already) but I had 3 on hand and it did what I needed. I had a basic cga to vga converter, which worked off the shelf but worked better with some modifications changed/removed a capacitor or two to get a better images. It's running a CPS1 Chinese copy Lydz multi which I had lying around and I have just purchased a darksoft CPS2 multi to install on an A B board combo I have lying around.
It uses a pretty basic 12v / 5v dual power supply, IL eurosticks and good quality happ type buttons with blee micros.
Everything I needed to know was online I didn't need to ask anyone, I just built what i wanted.
Read, give it a go and ask when you are stuck. If you are going to use emulation, ask in an emulation forum, if you are going to use original hardware ask somewhere like here.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20240508_175808.jpg
    20240508_175808.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 28
Oh and don't just use sanwa joysticks because 'arcade1up' says they are the original. Sanwa is ok for shmups but in my personal opinion they suck for streetfighter (and I have been playing that game for 30 years), someone else will tell you they are great for streetfighter. Yes sanwa are original but so are ILs and MCAs and probably numerous other brands. Try a few, I purchased 3 different joysticks for that cab, I wish I had purchased ILs from the start and now I have tried a 'new' 3d printed MCA I may change them again. Different levels of original but sanwa in a US cab is definitely NOT original and are quite sloppy for playing fighters.

Oh and don't just use sanwa joysticks because 'arcade1up' says they are the original. Sanwa is ok for shmups but in my personal opinion they suck for streetfighter (and I have been playing that game for 30 years), someone else will tell you they are great for streetfighter. Yes sanwa are original but so are ILs and MCAs and probably numerous other brands. Try a few, I purchased 3 different joysticks for that cab, I wish I had purchased ILs from the start and now I have tried a 'new' 3d printed MCA I may change them again. Different levels of original but sanwa in a US cab is definitely NOT original and are quite sloppy for playing fighters.
Ok thanks for the help

Back