What's new

ZERO_MILES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello there.
A friend of mine has successfully converted a CPS1.5 (aka CPS Dash) Tenchi Wo Kurau (Warriors of Fate) PCB into Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.

That said, he does not know if the same method applies to The Punisher.

Does anyone know FOR SURE if it is possible to convert Tenchi Wo Kurau ----> Punisher?

Thanks!

Yes, all CPS1.5 games run on exactly the same hardware so they are all able to be converted into each other - you just need to burn the correct ROM set

Tenchi Wo Kurau is actually the first game as well (Dynasty Wars) and was released on CPS1 - Warriors of Fate is Tenchi Wo Kurau II :)

I'm assuming if he's already converted it to C&Ds it's already been desuicided - but otherwise yes you will need to do that or load keys onto the C board and Kabuki for Punisher

Thanks everybody! All answers were very helpful!

I'm assuming if he's already converted it to C&Ds it's already been desuicided - but otherwise yes you will need to do that or load keys onto the C board and Kabuki for Punisher
It's another Tenchi Wo Kurau board that recently was offered to us, not the same one he used to do the C&D conversion.

Ahahaha... I do own Warriors of Fate, I just want to use this opportunity (finding another one) to also own The Punisher.

hey wof is my favourite game in the 1.5 library, and sadly the only original 1.5 system i own now days :(

You need to burn the ROM set on EPROMS, then burn a game specific GAL for replace the PAL on B board. Finally reinsert the keys/config on the Kabuki and the C Board using the Arcade Hackers method. On this way you will end with the game running the original code!

If you don't want to have 100% original code, you can do the suicide free mod on Q Sound board and C Board and burn the decrypted ROMs for Audio CPU and Main CPU.

The GAL to replace the PAL on B Board is `ps63b.1a` location 1A, you can find the dump on Jammarcade.

I would try to insert the keys and run the original code to avoid modifications on the board. Also please keep the original Mask ROMs and EPROMs to preserve the game, and the label haha

Both batteries, and no. Both batteries need to be good so the key is retained when loaded

If the battery with electricity, KABUKI and C board are also alive, I want to change SLAM MASTER to WOF, just insert the key directly?

But now the screen is black, and the SLAM MASTER screen is black again, what's wrong?

That means the Kabuki or C board aren't programmed correctly. I'd be guessing Kabuki

I have tried many times, and KABUKI has succeeded in repairing other games before, so why not brush it back?

If you're getting a black screen, either the C or Kabuki are not programmed properly or the batteries aren't retaining the keys.

Back