What's new

hassan

Beginner
Reaction score
hi.
I am not very good at English, so I apologize in advance.

street fighter ii does not start.(no sound, no graphic)

I accidentally inserted the eeprom (No. 38) in reverse and turned on the power.
I think that is the cause of the failure.

The broken eeprom(NO. 38) is replaced.
Nothing appears, but the video seems to be output.

CPS1 power off (The blue screen is the standby screen of Frame Meister.)
uwkZdQU.jpg

CPS1 power on
G606EFM.jpg

Can you please tell me what is considered broken?

Could be many things unfortunately. Just making sure of the easy stuff first, can you get other pcb's to run on your setup? Have you measured with a multi-meter that 5.0v is getting to the board? Are all 3 pcb's tightly connected to each other?

If you remove rom 38 completely, the game should still boot. It would just show "CPS NG" on the screen. I don't think that rom is your problem though.

If you have a chip programmer, check the code on the other roms in that area? (depends on your revision but it's the "main cpu" chips here, the other 7 near chip 38). You could also check the PAL chips on the board, and on the C board.

If you have another SF2 you could swap over the C board, because yours might have died. You could also swap the B+C together to make sure your A board is working.

あなたはeepromsを交換する前に動作しましたか?
Thanks.
I remember working at least 6 months ago, but I neglected to check it just before replacing the eeprom.

Could be many things unfortunately. Just making sure of the easy stuff first, can you get other pcb's to run on your setup? Have you measured with a multi-meter that 5.0v is getting to the board? Are all 3 pcb's tightly connected to each other?

If you remove rom 38 completely, the game should still boot. It would just show "CPS NG" on the screen. I don't think that rom is your problem though.

If you have a chip programmer, check the code on the other roms in that area? (depends on your revision but it's the "main cpu" chips here, the other 7 near chip 38). You could also check the PAL chips on the board, and on the C board.

If you have another SF2 you could swap over the C board, because yours might have died. You could also swap the B+C together to make sure your A board is working.
Thanks.
As a result of checking the main cpu using a programmer, all eight were fine.
From the board, a voltage of 5V was supplied to the EEPROM, so there was no problem.

I don't have any other CPS1 board.
If you don't get another board, it seems difficult to identify which one of A, B, or C is broken.
My expense is painful, but I will buy another one.

Thank you both for your help.

Also, check your board carefully for any scrapes or physical damage - especially on the bottom of the A board with all the traces.

One of my CPS1 A boards got a tiny scratch on the bottom that broke a trace and caused it to reboot constantly at startup.

Also, check your board carefully for any scrapes or physical damage - especially on the bottom of the A board with all the traces.

One of my CPS1 A boards got a tiny scratch on the bottom that broke a trace and caused it to reboot constantly at startup.
Thanks for your reply.

No scratches on the pattern or damage to parts such as capacitors were found.

Back