What's new
I really can't. This is the only one I have and it was working just fine before I installed this kit.
With that butcher job done by chinese in the audio section, I'm not sure I can agree. Where exactly in USA are you based? Maybe someone close to you can help. If not, you can always send to @Mitsurugi-w and he can have a look for a fee. If the problem is the multi, we will fix or replace.

I really can't. This is the only one I have and it was working just fine before I installed this kit.

These version of A-Board, initially intended for CPS1.5 then converted in an unofficial way for CPS1, has problems with Darksoft Multi. On the one I personally tested, some games worked others didn't. However, it works well with my authentic games. It really should be tested with another motherboard.

With that butcher job done by chinese in the audio section, I'm not sure I can agree. Where exactly in USA are you based? Maybe someone close to you can help. If not, you can always send to @Mitsurugi-w and he can have a look for a fee. If the problem is the multi, we will fix or replace.
I'm in east Tennessee, close to Virginia.

I'm in east Tennessee, close to Virginia.
I recommend you invest in a different A board.
I had a working original A board that just didn't work right with some of the games on the multi. It still works fine on my Chinese-lydz multi but not with my Darksoft multi. I switched A boards and all my issues with Darksoft multi went away.

They are not that expensive, and it's a good investment.

Last edited:
Could someone point me in the direction of where to buy the female connectors and pins for the 3p/4p on the filter board? I need to make a custom kick harness for my minigun supergun to enable 6 buttons. I swear I've seen someone post the part number before, but searching is not resulting in any answers. I'd appreciate the help.

Hey guys, I’ve got an issue like previous member whereby some games work but some have BGM audio issues. GNG has no BGM at all, mercs and UN squadron have BGM cut out.

Consensus is change a board but right now, it’s not possible.

My C aboard is modified 92641C with cut traces regrounded. Can this affect the audio?

The a board looks to be 1.5 but looking at the underside, some connections look suspect. It’s under the Yamaha ym2151.

I will reflow, but can this be the issue?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 48
Just also want to ask; a board needs to be be populated to work, but if playing 1.5 eg C&D would the multi use the onboard q sound exclusively?

Well, we havent tried the issues that you mention, but in order to make the multi work you need a proper CPS1 A Board and not a CPS1.5 A Board. Those "refurbished" from chinese sellers are, to put it blunt a big mess. Your C board is modified and that could be as well an issue, but looking at your A board from the bottom seems to have some signs of corrosion. I would say that the A bourd is the issue. Try to get someone closeby to let you use his A Board and you'll find out if that's the issue or not. If it's not that, then it will be the C Board..

Yeah they are bad, aren’t they? Will source a new board but for now… I’ll do some problem solving.

Just cleaned up the corrosions, it looks to be just that. But will test the connections in a bit.

It’s no good, still audio drop out. I cleaned and reflowed some areas. I get some luck flashing Final fight first, and then the game.

I do believe I’ve got a dash board which is the recommended one, right? Is the audio amp original?

I’m thinking maybe recap around the audio section?

Attachments

• B66D277F-932E-4459-9275-5FA5E4DBAC5E.png
    B66D277F-932E-4459-9275-5FA5E4DBAC5E.png
    513.6 KB · Views: 58
That’s really helpful to know, I’ll take the cap values and recap.

Yep I saw the kit, thanks!

I’ve managed to get the behaviour a bit more consistent. The board kept resetting so measured the 12v line, and it read 11.8v, even though the digital meter on the 5v read bang on.

Fortunately it’s a suzo psu so upped the voltage to 12.3v / 5.3v which seemed to solve the resetting issues, and the BGM dropping out on UN squadron and mercs.

GNG still has issues, so will recap when I get the parts.

I read previously someone was having issues with SF2 having SFX lower than the BGM? I’ll read into that, as I’m experiencing that too.

It’s tough trying to find a decent a board, as most are now flooded with imports from Ali.

Can anyone tell me what the tolerance for voltage drop on Jamma cable should be?

I'm reading 5v / 12.4 at the PSU, and 4.6v and 12.2v at the Jamma edge. Bad cable?

Back