What's new
No. It always has no sound.
So now you need to check if the cause is the qsound circuit or when the sound already out. I think the best game to do it is Zero 3 because the jukebox, if the digital wave shows or the game boot perfectly, the qsound is ok.

I have two dead European A boards. Has been confirmed with a B board (green case) which works with a good European A board.

Both dead boards got a full caps replacement already.

Powering up with this good B board:

Another faulty A board shows plain blue screen and that's all.

Another faulty A board shows a thin row of white garbage in middle of screen for 0,5 secs or so and goes black screen.

Can you give good hints of what I should replace (I assume LS-logic chips, but which location to start from, 245s or 175s)?

The reason of blue screen on most of cases is no communication with the circuit that receive the program code, i recommend you check the schematics and block diagram so you can understand how CPS 2 works.

For totally black screen, use some kind of device that can show if sync signal is alive, it will work even without an B board attached. Normally i use extron RGB, you can use a scope as well (recommended).

There's so much stuff to check on the A Board if comparing to B.
I look forward to your results!

I have a few USA boards I’d like info on getting fixed if it’s something you can do!

I have a few USA boards I’d like info on getting fixed if it’s something you can do!
Hey there! At the moment, I'm primarily focused on my personal projects, like USB2DB15 and JAMMA HIMITSU. I'm confident that you'll be able to find capable people in your area who can provide the support you're looking for. However, if you can't find anyone suitable, feel free to reach out to me via a private message!

What an awesome post! Thanks for all these informations Raph_friend!
I've got an A board who give me a white screen, I will try to understand schematic (not an easy task for me😅)

Back