What's new

TeaHSA

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have an Asia region Marvel vs Capcom that worked great. I installed an infinikey so I wouldnt have to worry about the battery and it worked great for about 4 months. Now when I boot it up it goes to a green screen kinda like if it had a battery issue (from my understanding you get a green screen with a bad battery). I opened up the boards, both and A and B and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary, reseated anything I could but I still get the green screen.

Any suggestions on what I can try?
Thank you!

Was the battery removed entirely? (Had to ask, sorry).

You can try shorting the EXC capacitors to make sure they are cleared, but I don't think that should matter too much with an infinikey. "If a phoenixed board stops working it may be because the electrolytic capacitor next to the + terminal has regained charge. Simply short it out again to revive the board."

After that I'd be checking for cold solder joints or solder bridges.

Sounds like you need to short the EXC5 (whilst iot is powered off)

That should hopefully resolve the issue

Thank you for the fast replies! This may sound dumb, I'm still a rookie here, when you say short the EXC5, how exactly do I go about doing that?

Thank you for the fast replies! This may sound dumb, I'm still a rookie here, when you say short the EXC5, how exactly do I go about doing that?
No worries.

The EXC caps are little 3 leg caps, you just take a small piece of metal like a paperclip and lay it across the contacts of the cap at once. It removes the charge.

Hmm no luck, still getting this vibrating green screen

Attachments

• 17DD3BE9-4850-4018-AA06-B9F97FB67D9B.jpeg
    17DD3BE9-4850-4018-AA06-B9F97FB67D9B.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 44
What revision B board? My Asia 2T is doing the same thing. I suspect there can be issues with

93646B-4​

Was the battery removed entirely? (Had to ask, sorry).

You can try shorting the EXC capacitors to make sure they are cleared, but I don't think that should matter too much with an infinikey. "If a phoenixed board stops working it may be because the electrolytic capacitor next to the + terminal has regained charge. Simply short it out again to revive the board."

After that I'd be checking for cold solder joints or solder bridges.
I’ve heard that before, sorry again, but how do I check for cold solder points?

I’ve heard that before, sorry again, but how do I check for cold solder points?
Sometimes they are visually dull, cracked, cloudy, or overly mounded with solder. If you have an iron you can reflow if in doubt, use some no-clean Flux, I prefer chipquik tack Flux.

If nothing is obvious visually I would try a suicide tester program rom; if that works, I would wager it's possibly no key is being injected or the wrong one is.

I’ll check the board, it worked for about 4 months with the infinikey installed in it, Super weird, is it better to go buy flux? Or can I just desolder and resolder

Back