What's new

SonGohanX

Beginner
Reaction score
I have a CPS2 multi installed on a US MSH B board (with the included PAL G)

Every game I have tried loads fine and is graphically perfect, but the incorrect sounds are playing. So far I have tested all of the jumpers, checked the connection on wire 9 of the PAL G, and swapped A boards.

Using the latest roll up pack, downloaded last night.

Where should I go from here?

There are only three potential causes:

1 Incorrect jumper
2 Incorrectly installed Pal
3 broken pin on the main kit pcb

Can you show some pictures of your installation?

Hope these help. Let me know if you need more.

Attachments

• cps2multi1.jpg
    cps2multi1.jpg
    969.9 KB · Views: 229
  • cps2multi2.jpg
    cps2multi2.jpg
    960.6 KB · Views: 214
  • cps2multi3.jpg
    cps2multi3.jpg
    774.1 KB · Views: 213
  • cps2multi4.jpg
    cps2multi4.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 221
  • cps2multi5.jpg
    cps2multi5.jpg
    836.8 KB · Views: 229
Using a sandisk ultra 32gb card if that makes any difference. I do recall you saying that smaller cards work better, but this issue seems very specific.

it's difficult to see if there's any hardware or installation issue. In fact near impossible because the multi board covers everything.
have you verified your B board is good by using a regular set of EPROMs/maskROMs programmed with a Phoenix set?
did it work before at any time in the past with the multi-board or has it never worked?
If it did work did you mess with the multi recently? Like remove it or drop it or anything like that?
If it never worked, remove the multi board and inspect all the long multi-board pins and the B board sockets for damage.

Unfortunately I don't know if the B board was working beforehand. I didn't test the multi until just last night, so it has always done it.

you need to narrow down the problem. there's too many variables.
remove the multi and run a standard phoenix rom set on there.
let us know how you go....

I don't have any phoenix roms I can test it with currently, but I'll see what I can do.

First problem I see is that you need to completely remove PAL pin 9 from the socket. It should hang over the side and then have the jumper to the kit pcb like you do. Good chance that will fix your problem.

Back