DescriptionQuantityPCB LocationDigikey Part No.Comment
GPIO Header for RPi11528-1969-NDthis mounts on the bottom of the pcb
Cap Cer 0.1uf 25V2C1,C2BC1154CT-ND
Res 220 OHM 1/4W 5%4R1,R2,R3,R4220QBK-ND
Switch Tactile SPST-NO 0.05A3EG1829-NDblack switches for up, down and select
Conn Rcpt USB2.0 TypeR 4POS1UE27AC54100-ND
Conn Header 14POS 2.54mm1

2057-PH2-14-UA-ND
connects to the CPS2 multi where the LCD panel connects - make sure pin 1 matches
OLED 128x641Amazon URL:
https://www.amazon.ca/Display-Modul...0.96+inch+oled+128x64&qid=1647185028&sprefix=
0+96+inch+oled+128x64%2Caps%2C52&sr=8-5

I recommend using a Raspberry Zero W

1647186060576-png.png

This is the case I am using for it:

1647186080155-png.png

You will also need a 8GB microSD card (I recommend Sandisk)

Here is the Raspberry Pi image you will need to load to the RPi. Just unzip it and load the img file using Win32DiskImager

CPS2-Pi Raspberry Pi Image ***** THIS LINK DOES NOT WORK YET

Note: If the link for the image does not work, copy the link and paste in a new window

The pi user is: pi
The pi password is: cps2multi

NOTE: The pcb connects directly to the 40pin GPIO pins on the RPi - make sure to match up pin 1
Connect a USB to microUSB cable from the multi selector to your RPi in order to power everything from one place

The first time you load it up, it will default to a hotspot with the name CPS2-Pi
Hotspot password is: cps2multi
Connect to the hotspot and then go to your browser on your phone and go to any web address (eg: gg.com)
The web interface should appear and you should see the games listed

You can also go to the Tools and select Wifi Configuration to join it to your home wifi network instead of using a hotspot.
You will be asked to select your wifi network and enter your password. You then need to click Apply and Reboot
This will reboot the RPi and it will connect to your home wifi if your credentials are correct.

Attachments

• CPS2_selector.zip
    20.6 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Agreed. But honestly, it’s a lot of work. I poured hours into the STV images trying to cover the entire library, but got burnt out on it.
I don’t even think anyone is using them. Lol 😂

I have updated the first post
RPi image not ready yet

is it the same parts as multiCPS1? and the same pcb board?

thanks for your work.

Hi @BladeZX

Is it possible to share cps2-pi-image, please.
I would like to test mine.
Regards

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 81
It is not ready for primetime - I need an LCD firmware update in order to complete the testing
I am hoping this comes soon from @Darksoft so I can get the CPS1 and CPS2 tested

Hi, I think we maybe got lost in translation. In our conversation, I mentioned that surfing through the directories:
"That is not possible. The LCD is getting the data to print directly from the ARM and the buttons are just and input. The design doesnt allow for data to be transfered."
If I change the design of the multi to support a OLED like I'm going to do with STV, then I will probably do that in future batches of other multis, but that's just an idea right now.

Let me know if I didnt understood you right, please.

@Darksoft
You mentioned u had a change for the LCD timing out and returning to the current folder
When the code is sending up and down to the LCD it seems to not see that as activity and the display returns to the current folder which messes up the number of up and downs I need to make
Let me know if that makes sense

You mentioned u had a change for the LCD timing out and returning to the current folder
Yes, but that has nothing to do with this, I think.
When the code is sending up and down to the LCD it seems to not see that as activity and the display returns to the current folder which messes up the number of up and downs I need to make
No, that's not how it works, the code doesnt send UP or DOWN to the LCD, everything is done in the ARM, which is receiving the UP and DOWN signals and sending the text to display to the LCD.
As I said, the LCD is just printing what the ARM tells it to show.

No I meant that my code on the Rpi is sending the up and down but the LCD seems to timeout and display the current folder which messes up the number of up and down needed to get to the correct game

Just curious if the bugs for this was ever worked out? I was looking for a multi-Pi for the CPS1 and was told the existence of your CPS2. I'd love to add more of your Multi-pi to my arcade boards if I can. STV and System 16B are working great.

Back