What's new

BaronVonRollup

Beginner
Reaction score
What are the CPS-2 Roll-Up Packs?
The Roll-Up Pack List is a documentation of ROMs that can be placed on an SD card for a complete CPS2 kit setup that's ready to use. They include every CPS-2 game and hack. This will save people from having to scour the forums to find everything. I'll update my lists whenever new content is available.

How to Use
Format a microSD card as FAT32 using Windows, not Mac or Linux.
Extract a pack to it using 7-Zip. If your card is the I: drive for example, the layout must be exactly I:\games\rom folders\

New vs Old Pack?
The current pack is for the latest firmware, wired to support key writing. This allows it to flash MAME ROMSs, with accuracy so perfect that Twin Galaxies is now accepting submissions on the kit. The old set is for the pre-key-writing firmware.

Troubleshooting
The most common kit problem is SD card incompatibility. Test multiple cards before reporting problems, especially if they are larger than 4GB. Format only as described above. Format the SD card every time you update your pack, before copying new files to it. This prevents corruption and alphabetizes the game list. Format and re-copy everything, every time. "No SD Card Detected" probably means you didn't create a \games folder. It can also mean that your microSD isn't compatible or needs to be formatted correctly.

darksoft_cps2_roll-_up_pack_lg-png.png

CPS2 Base Pack: Tournament Edition
Tournament Standard revisions, or the newest/most bug-fixed English version of every game
Complete CPS-2 set, without duplicates for every revision/region
Pure MAME ROMs (except hacks)
CPS-1 & CPS-1.5 Ports
NAME files in every folder
Fits on a 4GB Card

CPS2 Hacks Add-On Pack
All hacks released on the forum
Game hacks sorted by type:
- Enable Hidden Character Hacks
- Gameplay Hacks
- Max Power Meter Hacks
Progear Red Label: Halfway to Hell
Super Street Fighter II Turbo: New Legacy
Games must be copied individually to /games

CPS2 Complete MAME Add-On Pack
Complete MAME set with every revision from every region
Should be used to pull ROMs into your base pack, unless you want to scroll through hundreds of confusing revisions
Fits on a 16GB card

Download (here)
Please note that I am not sharing these files. I only create SMDB text descriptions of ROM organizations through a Github Research Project.

Changelog
2020-12-30: Hacks: Updated SSF2 Turbo New Legacy to v0.4
2020-05-24: BASE & MAME: Tournament Edition compiled with consultation from @Rotanibor and @Sabin. Default game revisions are now the tournament standards.
2020-05-22: Hacks: 37 new hacks added, patched and researched by @Rotanibor, updated SSF2T New Legacy to v0.3
2020-05-22: BASE: Removed Hacks
2020-05-13: BASE: Updated SSF2T: New Legacy to v0.2 Beta
2020-05-12: BASE: Added Super Street Fighter II Turbo: New Legacy
2019-09-18: BASE: Added CPS1/1.5 Conversions: SF2CE, SF2HF, Punisher (Kuze patched), and new NAME files for each
2018-04-26: BASE: Fixed Progear: Halfway to Hell. Thanks @PascalP!
2017-11-19: New Packs launched for the new firmware. A huge thanks to @Darksoft and Company for the key-writing functionality. A major thanks to @rtw for the MAME CPS2 scripts!! And a big thank you to @ekorz for providing his perfect MAME base pack, upon which this entire set was built, and for making the new NAME files and Game List
2017-11-18: OLD Packs FINAL release. This will not receive updates
Old Changelog

Staff Roll
A huge thank-you to everyone supporting CPS-2:
@Darksoft
@Mitsurugi-w "Mitsu"
@idc "IanC" & Team Avalaunch
@l_oliveira "Leo"
Mottzilla "Mott"
@mountainmanjed
@rtw
@ekorz
Arcade-Projects forum members!

basic questions, but do i move each hacked game to the /games folder. For example, move the game hack folder 'hsf2j1 Real Shin Gouki (Hack) v1 DDJ' to /games and if so does that mean I'll have the original version of the game and the selected version to pick from - this is what I'm hoping. THX

I have the very first revision CPS2 multi kit, which one do I use?

Are you sure? It's a bootleg hack of super street fighter 2 the new challengers. Did they back port it to cps1?
oh you maybe right, I know the original rainbow edition of SF2 was CPS1, but not sure about this super street fighter 2 version I'd assume it just uses a modified version of the unencrypted ROM

How do you install the 'CPS2 Hacks Add-On Pack'? Do I copy each hack folder into the root /games/ folder, OR do I need to copy the files in the hack folder into the corresponding game folder itself?

For example, the first hack is in a folder 'hsf2j1 Real Shin Gouki (Hack) v1 DDJ' - Do I copy this folder into the /games/ folder to now have a '/games/hsf2j1 Real Shin Gouki (Hack) v1 DDJ' folder... OR do I need to copy the files within the 'hsf2j1 Real Shin Gouki (Hack) v1 DDJ' hack folder into '/games/hsf2j1' (In this case I'm even more confused as the base pack's closest folder name is 'hsf2di' and the add-on folder closets folder name is 'hsf2j1dl' so there is no 'hsf2j1' game folder).

Thanks!

How do you install the 'CPS2 Hacks Add-On Pack'? Do I copy each hack folder into the root /games/ folder, OR do I need to copy the files in the hack folder into the corresponding game folder itself?

For example, the first hack is in a folder 'hsf2j1 Real Shin Gouki (Hack) v1 DDJ' - Do I copy this folder into the /games/ folder to now have a '/games/hsf2j1 Real Shin Gouki (Hack) v1 DDJ' folder... OR do I need to copy the files within the 'hsf2j1 Real Shin Gouki (Hack) v1 DDJ' hack folder into '/games/hsf2j1' (In this case I'm even more confused as the base pack's closest folder name is 'hsf2di' and the add-on folder closets folder name is 'hsf2j1dl' so there is no 'hsf2j1' game folder).

Thanks!
Hello there. Did you ever get an answer to your interesting questions? cheers

What are the CPS-2 Roll-Up Packs?
The Roll-Up Pack List is a documentation of ROMs that can be placed on an SD card for a complete CPS2 kit setup that's ready to use. They include every CPS-2 game and hack. This will save people from having to scour the forums to find everything. I'll update my lists whenever new content is available.

How to Use
Format a microSD card as FAT32 using Windows, not Mac or Linux.
Extract a pack to it using 7-Zip. If your card is the I: drive for example, the layout must be exactly I:\games\rom folders\

New vs Old Pack?
The current pack is for the latest firmware, wired to support key writing. This allows it to flash MAME ROMSs, with accuracy so perfect that Twin Galaxies is now accepting submissions on the kit. The old set is for the pre-key-writing firmware.

Troubleshooting
The most common kit problem is SD card incompatibility. Test multiple cards before reporting problems, especially if they are larger than 4GB. Format only as described above. Format the SD card every time you update your pack, before copying new files to it. This prevents corruption and alphabetizes the game list. Format and re-copy everything, every time. "No SD Card Detected" probably means you didn't create a \games folder. It can also mean that your microSD isn't compatible or needs to be formatted correctly.

darksoft_cps2_roll-_up_pack_lg-png.png

CPS2 Base Pack: Tournament Edition
Tournament Standard revisions, or the newest/most bug-fixed English version of every game
Complete CPS-2 set, without duplicates for every revision/region
Pure MAME ROMs (except hacks)
CPS-1 & CPS-1.5 Ports
Fits on a 4GB Card

CPS2 Hacks Add-On Pack
All hacks released on the forum
Game hacks sorted by type:
- Enable Hidden Character Hacks
- Gameplay Hacks
- Max Power Meter Hacks
Progear Red Label: Halfway to Hell
Super Street Fighter II Turbo: New Legacy

CPS2 Complete MAME Add-On Pack
Complete MAME set with every revision from every region
Should be used to pull ROMs into your base pack, unless you want to scroll through hundreds of confusing revisions
Fits on a 16GB card

Download (here)
Please note that I am not sharing these files. I only create SMDB text descriptions of ROM organizations through a Github Research Project.

Changelog
2020-12-30: Hacks: Updated SSF2 Turbo New Legacy to v0.4
2020-05-24: BASE & MAME: Tournament Edition compiled with consultation from @Rotanibor and @Sabin. Default game revisions are now the tournament standards.
2020-05-22: Hacks: 37 new hacks added, patched and researched by @Rotanibor, updated SSF2T New Legacy to v0.3
2020-05-22: BASE: Removed Hacks
2020-05-13: BASE: Updated SSF2T: New Legacy to v0.2 Beta
2020-05-12: BASE: Added Super Street Fighter II Turbo: New Legacy
2019-09-18: BASE: Added CPS1/1.5 Conversions: SF2CE, SF2HF, Punisher (Kuze patched), and new NAME files for each
2018-04-26: BASE: Fixed Progear: Halfway to Hell. Thanks @PascalP!
2017-11-19: New Packs launched for the new firmware. A huge thanks to @Darksoft and Company for the key-writing functionality. A major thanks to @rtw for the MAME CPS2 scripts!! And a big thank you to @ekorz for providing his perfect MAME base pack, upon which this entire set was built, and for making the new NAME files and Game List
2017-11-18: OLD Packs FINAL release. This will not receive updates
Old Changelog

Staff Roll
A huge thank-you to everyone supporting CPS-2:
@Darksoft
@Mitsurugi-w "Mitsu"
@idc "IanC" & Team Avalaunch
@l_oliveira "Leo"
Mottzilla "Mott"
@mountainmanjed
@rtw
@ekorz
Arcade-Projects forum members!
Hello there. Sorry for this question but I am not able to reconcile your above 3 main packs "CPS2 Base Pack: Tournament Edition" "CPS2 Hacks Add-On Pack" "CPS2 Complete MAME Add-On Pack" with the actual 3 zip files "Darksoft CPS-2 Decrypted Set.7z" "Darksoft CPS-2 Encrypted Set 2020-05-24.7z" "Darksoft CPS-2 Hacks 2020-12-30.7z"? It ll be good for the community to understand what we have in each zip file by simply updating your above guidelines by simply adding the actual zip file names next to the section names.

Hello there. Sorry for this question but I am not able to reconcile your above 3 main packs "CPS2 Base Pack: Tournament Edition" "CPS2 Hacks Add-On Pack" "CPS2 Complete MAME Add-On Pack" with the actual 3 zip files "Darksoft CPS-2 Decrypted Set.7z" "Darksoft CPS-2 Encrypted Set 2020-05-24.7z" "Darksoft CPS-2 Hacks 2020-12-30.7z"? It ll be good for the community to understand what we have in each zip file by simply updating your above guidelines by simply adding the actual zip file names next to the section names.

Here is the correct link with the files that match the above explainations/instructions: https://archive.org/download/darksoft

Back