What's new
For Sale

bqheath

Beginner
Reaction score
I have a few Cps2 items for sale.

CPS2 Super Street Fighter II X - 300 shipped

The game still has it's battery. The battery was changed in July 2018.

CPS2 A Board 100 shipped.

Images of the boards: https://imgur.com/a/mprTmFE

Last edited:
Hi Bqheath,

I am super interested in one of your CPS2 A boards. Could you send some pictures?

Been meaning to get an extra A Board. I'm in for one if it works and it's in nice condition.

Thanks!

I updated the original post with pictures of both A boards and SSF2X. Both boards work without any issue but they do have some cosmetic scratches.

They're not USA A Boards are there?

I think I'm looking for a USA A Board. I just realized that.

they are technically the same - the A boards will work on both green and blue B boards. :)

Really?

So these A Boards will work with my Blue North American boards and my Dark Soft mod yadayda all that?

The japan region motherboards will have japanese text in the test menu... if that bothers you or not I don't know. but yes, they are compatible.

The japan region motherboards will have japanese text in the test menu... if that bothers you or not I don't know. but yes, they are compatible.
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the japanese text is based on the game code on the B board. Unless I have A boards that have the wrong label or something. Can anybody else chime in on this?

Edit:

I just tested a Green Marvel Vs SF B board and a Blue mighty PANG on the same A board and the green board had Japanese text and the blue board had English text in the menu.

Last edited:
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the japanese text is based on the game code on the B board. Unless I have A boards that have the wrong label or something. Can anybody else chime in on this?
Edit:

I just tested a Green Marvel Vs SF B board and a Blue mighty PANG on the same A board and the green board had Japanese text and the blue board had English text in the menu.
That's right. The test menu is in the game code, motherboard region is inconsequential. Some Japanese games have English test menus (SSFIIX for instance).

Edit:

That's right. The test menu is in the game code, motherboard region is inconsequential. Some Japanese games have English test menus (SSFIIX for instance).
I had no idea. For some reason all these years I've thought the A and B boards need to be the same region.

Jeez the things I don't know. Thanks guys! :)

sorry, thanks for the correction.

I had no idea. For some reason all these years I've thought the A and B boards need to be the same region.
Jeez the things I don't know. Thanks guys! :)
It definitely does matter for some regions. They are physically incompatible in most cases. Japan and USA have the same connector layout. I also have a rental board that has the same connectors.

sorry, thanks for the correction.

It definitely does matter for some regions. They are physically incompatible in most cases. Japan and USA have the same connector layout. I also have a rental board that has the same connectors.
Japan (green)/USA (blue)/Europe(blue) are all compatible.
Asia (grey) and South America (Orange) need A and B boards to be paired with the same region.
Yellow (rental) ones can be any region from my experience, so sometimes compatible with green/blue A boards, sometimes only with the grey A boards.

Of course some games have been recycled and sometimes some US games are in a green shell, also people can have swapped a damaged shell for one of a different colour.

Back