What's new

TheRiddick

Student
Reaction score
Hello my down button is broken on my cps2 board and wondering if I can turn down the volume any other way?

You'll either have to rig a button up to it have a new set of buttons 3D printed.

Thought you could control volume in the service menu?

Yeah most games you can control it from the service menu. Also, you can control the volume for a CPS2 through the kickharness. You just have to have the wires in use. See link. Pretty easy for the most part. Even if your button is broken. These two options should still help.

PS: Just remember that you need to use the VOLUME GROUND to both VOL+ and VOL-. I do not know what could happen if you use a standard ground wire. I just know that the pin specifies volume has it's own GROUND.

potentiometer on the speaker lead :p

I could 3D print you new buttons if you need them.

Thanks malenko I ordered one off line before I saw your lost. It's was $10 easy fix

ok, ok i tried taking apart my CPS2 last night and unscrewed the diamond screws and then I find this bolt.

I have read the only way to get it off it to drill it out?

Do i drill from the top or bottom and does it matter?

Any help would be amazing.

thanks,

The Capcom bolt? You just pop the cap off of the bottom side of it.

ok, I got my Volume button the other day and took my CPS2 board. Plugged it in and turned it on and I had lines on the game? I then took it back apart to look at it and put it back together and plugged it in again to test it and everything was fine.

Any buddy know why this happens? I did not do anything diff the 2nd time.

How can I tell if the Battery was ever changed?

usually bad seating between the a and b board from my experience not sure about the battery I'll let the others chime in on that

Back