What's new
I suppose I don't follow then. The only files clearly labeled CPS3 under the CPS3 branch are cps3_hookup_points.txt, which obviously isn't it, and cps3_defines.v. There's a few files that mention support for cps3 widescreen, but otherwise I'm at a bit of a loss. I only flashed the one file that the guide instructed (cps2_digiav.jic); I'm not sure what else I should be looking for? I feel like that's definitely going a little farther past the limited documentation here, so I apologize if something is staring me right in the face. Out of curiosity, whatever I'm looking for with this firmware, is that something you had to re-flash for your install?

I was referring to this point. I didn't ground that end. As per the file it's under the cps3 branch in the output_files. It should have the bb7cdae code dated Mar 10

Yest that's it and yes I reflashed one of my imstalls that was not getting sound.

Ok, I think I understand. Maybe I'm just being a little Github Illiterate here. Viewing bb7cdae brings up a huge list of files from the last commit, but the only files under output_files that also fall under the bb7cdae commit are

cps2_digiav.jic, cps2_digiav.pof, and cps2_digiav.sof.

So I need to flash all three of these instead of just the one that the CPS3 guide mentions. I'll give that a shot if that's right. Thanks for the tip about the DAC, too. I'll give that a shot today after flashing and test my mileage.

ppfftt ok, so yeah the one I mentioned the first time was all I need. That's fine, I'll just reflash that one then.

I was referring to this point. I didn't ground that end. As per the file it's under the cps3 branch in the output_files. It should have the bb7cdae code dated Mar 10
I haven't tried re-flashing yet since I just got back to this a little bit ago, but using this point for BCK seems to be working much better for me; as far as not cutting out audio to the crt is concerned. Thanks! Still no luck getting audio through the capture card though. Before I re-flash, did you get BCK, WS, and DAT from the dac? I see you have more things there than BCK, and I feel like maybe trying to get DAT from the RN3 might be one of my issues. Marqs responded to a post I put up on the VGP forums a day or two ago, saying that I may need to use another coax for DAT and WS depending on length and placement to prevent noise interference. Might be easier/better to use a coax for DAT using a dac pin if you've had success with that.

Pin 3 is test 1 which should be ground
Pin 4 is bck
Pin 5 is ws
Pin 6 is data

Thanks for this.

BCK seems fine now; no static on the secondary tv...but still not getting anything out of data (or ws either I suppose). I'll try the coax for ws and dat on the original RN3 positions tomorrow, but I feel like I'm slowly running out of things to try ?( no bridges under the scope, no cut traces anywhere from what I can see, continuity is good...Hoping using the coax for ws and dat on the original rn3 positions does the trick.

any pic of the install and have you trying flashing again?

Hey! Sorry for not replying to this- I didn't want to continue soldering and unsoldering from the same points to keep trying all of the new methods people were suggesting, just out of fear of putting too much stress on those points and messing something up on the board past what I would be comfortable repairing. I opted to run a stereo splitter through the front RCA jacks and run a 3.5mm into my elgato HD60s line in. I only use the HDMI board for recording/streaming; all of my local players just play on a crt and this is just secondary. I ran through arcade mode and the audio seemed to sync just fine enough anyhow! Hopefully the process is a little smoother on the next board if/when I get my hands on a second setup. I'll probably use some of the layouts from this thread instead of the placement I opted for.

Twitter clip from my board w/ audio

A friend of mine just got his unit. Man i can't wait to get mine. since i am china atm i can't get it till i return to the states at my parents house.
Anyways, my friend installed the unit but he has a plexi glass case for his CPS3, how can get mount the board so it does move around .
thanks for any help i can forward to him.

Piece of wood and cut a handle into it. Mount your board to it with PCB feet. As for the CD drive, i'd suggest SCSI2SD. Works great.

he has a SCSI2SD and that actually has mounting holes in the acrylic case. i saw a lot of pics of people with the board mounted inside just wondering how they got it to stick.

Attachments

• EE8FkYnWkAENkWO.jpg
    EE8FkYnWkAENkWO.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 189
3M double sided tape on the ppu my friend. anything else you need to know? Those are pictures of my install btw, I've done 3 so far.

Cruz: i know i got the pic from arturo hehe

Back