What's new

Maruchan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently I been trying to access the darksoft menu to rewrite some colors onto my board. It's been fine in the past couple rewrites, but now that I edited more colors and want to add them, it will just skip the darksoft menu.

I've tried:
mashing P1 shot
holding p1 shot
mashing all buttons
holding all buttons

and doing the same to player 2 side ...

any help is appreciated 🙏

I thought it was 1P start? I haven't fired up my CPS3 in a while, so I could very well be wrong.

thanks guys, idk how that slipped me.... I feel ashamed 😞

I have some trouble with this as well. Whenever I hit the 1p start button, the cd ejects instead of entering the menu...

What BIOS are you using. Are you holding down P1 Start as you turn on power?

Are you supposed to hold it down while starting up? Didn't know that. I tried about 10 times just pressing it once the screen shows up and it worked now. Still have to figure out how to run all the games...

Sorry, stupid question: How do I find out what Bios I'm using?

You don’t have to hold it down when you turn on. I just do it out of habit and haven’t had any issues with that method on a cab.

re: what BIOS you have, if it isn’t a recent cart, it will be the SuperBIOS (UltraBIOS was recently released for the UltraSIMMS). No differences for regular SIMM functionality, just the region select menu scrolls slower.

re: loading other games, you just have to choose the game you want and then wait it out (takes about 40-50 mins to flash a game to the regular SIMMs).

Also by chance, if you’re using a 8bitdo M30 controller on a Supergun with CPS-3, pressing start for a few seconds also turns off the controller, so that’s one strange issue with that particular controller. In that case it’s best to just keep mashing the start button. It takes a couple of tries sometimes.

Ok, thank you. I'm using it in my Egret 2 cabinet. Problem is with certain games, the CD is kind of unreliable and the start button turns into the eject cd button instead of the enter darksoft menu button.

Sorry, it's a bit off topic, but I wonder why some games don't work with my setup. All the street fighter games work. The others not. When I load Warzard it works fine, but after the region selection the screen turns black.

Can you burn another CD?

I tried. No difference. Not a huge problem, as I play mostly the same game. Thanks for your help!

Back