What's new
Actually. Did you use the decrypted ROMs to test?

Ok i pulled everything apart and cleaned all pins put it back together but im still having the same problem.

Black screen is caused by an issue with encryption keys. The program code is being read but it can’t boot

I’m not sure if you said you got past that part or you’re currently running decrypted games, but that issue was probably related to power - the resistor is just there to help smooth out a clock pin. I’ve often had issues with the older revision boards and trying to load encryption keys, they seem to be more sensitive to less than 5.0v/12.0v

The graphics issue is an interconnect issue either between the multi and the B board or A and B boards

Was this a working set prior to the multi installation or did you buy it dead?

Check for bent pins between A and B boards, if possible try the A with another B and/or B on another A to see if you can narrow it down further

Furthering what @xodaraP said. Investigate the interconnect board and make sure it’s pushed into the pins and bottom and also the connector at top. It can be tricky to see under there.

Also check the pins on the multi boards for any that are loose or bent.

The interconnect board between the multi kit could have caused the black screen but if it runs on decrypted ROMs it’s fine

The smaller ROM board is the main program section and it’s both booting and showing the title screen text correctly (this is stored in the main program section as part of the fix layer)

Have you tried running the test ROMs? That might tell us if it’s an issue with level shifters (unlikely on a new kit but not impossible)

What about lifting the Mutli a little bit out of the connectors. I had a stack once that needed to be ever so slightly not pushed all the way down.

Black screen is caused by an issue with encryption keys. The program code is being read but it can’t boot

I’m not sure if you said you got past that part or you’re currently running decrypted games, but that issue was probably related to power - the resistor is just there to help smooth out a clock pin. I’ve often had issues with the older revision boards and trying to load encryption keys, they seem to be more sensitive to less than 5.0v/12.0v

The graphics issue is an interconnect issue either between the multi and the B board or A and B boards

Was this a working set prior to the multi installation or did you buy it dead?

Check for bent pins between A and B boards, if possible try the A with another B and/or B on another A to see if you can narrow it
Yes was working prior although it was away for a month with a guy to solder the key writing wires (yes it took that long for 4 wires) but he's a professional and sure he looked after it
I've had a close look under a microscope at the pins on the a board and they all look nice and straight and has a tight fit with the b board
I was originally using a different a board and was only getting black screen so tried it on my other one and now I get graphics glitches
I only have 1 other cps2 system to test on

Try not pushing the multi all the way down on your motherboard, just ever so slightly raised and then boot it up… then very gently push down on the connectors and see if you have any changes on screen.

Furthering what @xodaraP said. Investigate the interconnect board and make sure it’s pushed into the pins and bottom and also the connector at top. It can be tricky to see under there.

Also check the pins on the multi boards for any that are loose or bent.
It seems to be pushed all the way in on all boards its hard to tell with the small double pins in the middle but I tested with my multi meter and was ok

20221021_151859.jpg

There are these marks on the solder joints on the multi could this be a problem?

Back