What's new
Okay. Back on topic.

Is changing the game region setting in the menu supposed to actually change the region game that is loaded (or is it supposed to do something else)? I've tried changing it to anything other than Japanese, and Twinkle Star Sprites still boots up in JP. I've got stock JP bios in a few different 4-slots.
Good question. Im looking forward to someone making a nice manual explaining the menu items in detail, etc... I know hoe the multi works, just need a tiny bit of clarification on what every option does :)
We'll update the manual ASAP.
The region change is currently deactivated, but we'll put it back on the next update.
No Rush, I got what I need to do to use the cart figured out.

Load games, Play :D

Is changing the game region setting in the menu supposed to actually change the region game that is loaded
Will it even let you change the region setting in the menu?
I thought it was just reporting on what region the motherboard was set to.
I didn't attempt to change it, but like the Menu revision numbers I didn't think it was directly changeable only reported on.

*Update* Doh posted too late, been disabled got ya. ;)

Yeah it lets you set the region, but we've also noticed it wasn't working. No biggy if you have a unibios anyway :)

Yeah it lets you set the region, but we've also noticed it wasn't working. No biggy if you have a unibios anyway :)
Region select is currently deactivated. We'll activate in the next firm upgrade.

Unibios doesn't work with the 4-slot and multi combo, so in this one case it matters :P

Unibios doesn't work with the 4-slot and multi combo, so in this one case it matters :P
It does. You just need to wait for the games to finish loading or it will just ignore the slot where the multi is.

It does. You just need to wait for the games to finish loading or it will just ignore the slot where the multi is.
Okay, I will fix my previous statement:

In *my* experience, with 3 different 4-slots here, not one of them can manage to stay running with the multi-cart. Just constant crashes in-game. The menu and flashing work when it lets you get to it.

Took out the unibios and everything works great. Put it back in, games crash constantly. Burned a new Unibios in case it was the chip, same symptoms.

Thanks for clarification :) Problem is Unibios. In any case as we always do we'll try to see if we can make it work with UNIBIOS on 4 slot as well.

My guess is that it adds an extra delay that makes the cart reset.

Personally, once the region setting comes back in the menu, I don't need a unibios. But I know a lot of other people care about it and I'm glad to see you guys are supporting it.

Personally I like the unibios, but yes when the region setting in the menu comes back you really don't need it at all.

I have a 4 slot and unibios and can confirm the 4 slot actually works when you let it load.

Personally I like the unibios, but yes when the region setting in the menu comes back you really don't need it at all.

I have a 4 slot and unibios and can confirm the 4 slot actually works when you let it load.
Mine will load fine with the unibios if I let it load. But it'll crash randomly minutes into games. And usually every game switch attempt.

I doubt it as the multi slot pcbs are power hungry and from my experience they aren't going to boot at all with less power.

with a 5v tweak
I'd be really surprised if the unibios has an effect on voltages. Maybe? But as Mitsu said, usually they just won't play anything if you don't give 'em a little extra.

No I mean normal BIOS, WITH 5v tweak... Any effect on the random rebooting part?

I'm pretty sure as Mits said above the 4-slot just won't boot period, but it might be worth a small tweak?

It's been confirmed, at least in my mind, that UniBIOS + 4-slot + DS Multi just don't mix (at this time).

No I mean normal BIOS, WITH 5v tweak... Any effect on the random rebooting part?

I'm pretty sure as Mits said above the 4-slot just won't boot period, but it might be worth a small tweak?

It's been confirmed, at least in my mind, that UniBIOS + 4-slot + DS Multi just don't mix (at this time).
Oh, all three of my 4-slots work 100% with the normal BIOS. The random rebootings and stuff were exclusively with the UniBIOS.

Oh, all three of my 4-slots work 100% with the normal BIOS. The random rebootings and stuff were exclusively with the UniBIOS.
That must be a bug in the UNIBIOS.

e75.jpg

Oh, wait,I thought we were in another forum :D

Seems like it would be a good if the cart just made the UNIBIOS a thing of the past and gave you the same functionality with a stock bios. Or make a custom BIOS that doesn't have any of the redundant code for use with this bios. (No idea how hard that is, probably a lot harder and more trouble than its worth)

I think that will happen once the region and MVS/AES mode work on the multi.
Anything other that the Unibios adds? Never used it myself, stock BIOS FTW ;)

Back