What's new
All that looks good. Can you show me a picture of your setup? Did you clean nvram from service menu? PLMK.

Apologies for this - i can't seem to find out how to clean NVRAM from the service menu - I don't see that available as an option.

And you bet - I can send any pics you like - you just want to see the physical setup on my bench?

Matt

I pulled the battery up a bit (which isn't socketed, but soldered onto the mobo) and managed to clear nvram - same behaviour.

Here is a pic of the setup... it's pretty simple... I have the MV-1A plugged into a retroelectronik supergun, which goes SCART into my sony PVM.

Attachments

• IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 176
I remember someone else having issues with a retroelectronik supergun. It may not be providing enough power. Do you have a chance to test it in a cabinet or with another setup? This looks like a power issue to me.

Same issue - hooked it back up to my old setup (arcade power supply with adjustable 5v) going into a JAMMA harness - same issue. I even cranked the voltage up to about 5.4 and it didn't act any differently.

Maybe its the MV-1A? I do have what I think is a MV-1FZ coming next week, so I can check with that motherboard when it arrives.

Matt

@mathewbeall sorry for the hassle, but yes, that would be the best if you can try with that MV-1FZ. Does it also have UNIBIOS? If it doesnt please try on both with an OG Bios. If that doesnt solve your issue, I'll ask you to send to us for a review.

Thanks.

Just for the sake of testing can you recoup the menu update to the update folder AND copy the files for the menu update to the games/menu folder.

The cart works fine with your model PCB. It may have issues though. I assume normal carts are working?

I did do that a few times last night, before posting - just to make sure.

Normal carts (or at least the one that I have (Samurai Showdown)) works fine.

I am wondering if it's a combo of the unibios 4.0 and the hardware along with the cart.

I do have the other neogeo board arriving tomorrow with an original bios, so I can do additional testing at that point.

Matt

Ok - back with some tests....

It *looks* like the MV-1A motherboard. Using either the original BIOS (that came with the new one) or the unibios - same graphics issue.

With the new one - either bios - the multi mvs works fine.

I *do* have an annoying issue with the new NeoGeo that hopefully someone has run across though - it adds a credit for player2 upon boot up - multimvs or regular cart....this prevents the opening sequence of the games as it goes straight into the menu at that point.

I have been all through the menu's and I can't seem to figure out why it's doing this?

Matt

Last edited:
I thought that - but wouldn't it continually increment credit 2? it doesn't - just adds one coin at startup for player 2.

If I have dip switch 7 set (free play) I can never use up the credit... if I turn free play off - I am able to "use" that credit, but upon bootup - it's back.

Matt

I thought that - but wouldn't it continually increment credit 2? it doesn't - just adds one coin at startup for player 2.

If I have dip switch 7 set (free play) I can never use up the credit... if I turn free play off - I am able to "use" that credit, but upon bootup - it's back.

Matt
Not necessarily. It's being activated but not being released so it's registering once and then stuck.

So no GFX issues on the new pcb? Maybe a bad trace on the MV1A that the particular normal carts you have don't use.

@Mitsurugi-w - confirmed.... credit 2 doesn't do anything - so ground must be connected somehow on the board somewhere... I don't see any leads off the jamma connector, and the supergun works fine with my other boards (including my other MV1A that doesn't work with the darksoft cart).

Argh - off to find another one.

Matt

@Mitsurugi-w - confirmed.... credit 2 doesn't do anything - so ground must be connected somehow on the board somewhere... I don't see any leads off the jamma connector, and the supergun works fine with my other boards (including my other MV1A that doesn't work with the darksoft cart).

Argh - off to find another one.

Matt
got a multimeter?
Measure of this pin is stuck to ground.

Yeah - I do, and it's not stuck to ground.... i supposed it *could* be some weird compatibility issue with my supergun - although it works with all my other boards.

I will test it out in my jamma cabinet next week and see if it works there.

If I still have problems - I will move this conversation out of this thread though.

GOOD NEWS @Darksoft - the cart works perfectly so far, I just had a MV-1A that it didn't like.

Matt

Last edited:
Check controller port 2, see if that's triggering the coin 2 input which will be wired to the select button on a neo pad.

Hi @Frank_fjs - originally, I didn't have anything plugged into port 2, and the problem was happening. I then plugged in my controller to port 2 as well - but no change.

Back