What's new

Hackcell

Grand Master
Reaction score
Just today found out that using the supermodel emulator it is possible to have "live Cam / spectator mode" in Daytona USA 2. I was wondering if is this something that you can achieve via original hardware (and how) or if this is some sort of hack via the emulator.

Thanks!

You have to set LINK ID to LIVE as per this Youtube video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCjtWJkdvFc

However, I was just messing with this game not long ago, and I'm pretty sure I didn't notice that option in Power Edition set to Export region. I'll look through the options again when I have the cab running (which will be a week or two from now).

Yes, as nem says, you only have to link two seats and set one to LIVE. Works great for all courses and is 'live', albeit with a slight delay. Don't think I've tried it with PE as I'm usually running BOTE.

Not running anything right now though as both sides are kinda in bits nearing the end of a full resto.

Did this video a few years ago..

Excellent!

In the comments in your video, @outrun2, someone mentioned that Power Edition has additional driver interviews! So I guess it's there! I'll look cycle through the options when I have the game running again.

Yes, my cab has been out of action for too long - I haven't had chance to answer that question or enjoy playing the game for a while now ;(

Another interesting question is regarding setting a live camera on a setup that is linked with more than two cabs. So a twin running normally linked and another seat running the live camera, like Virtua Racing as an example. Not sure how that would work though as I'm not sure what the 'live' seat would show as the live action - seat 1 or seat 2?? Probably impossible, but one to try in Supermodel maybe as I don't see me squeezing yet another driver in my game room! X/

It shows a overview of all cars externally with headers above cars naming 1p-4p, then will cycle like tv does to different cars internals
The live view is all about for multiplayer. So spectators can view everyone on one screen and see the action better.
For example a huge projector over the top of a 4p setup.

works on sega rally as well.

its a pretty cool feature. just bad you have to "waste" a player for it.

I've seen something similar in Daytona 1. A screen showing a map and the positions, nevertheless, I don't know if (or how) activate it.

Virtual On OT supports this functionality as well (both the Model 3 and NAOMI versions)
so you have 2 seats + a live spectator monitor.

There is video evidence from tournaments that VIrtual On (Model 2) also supports this as well however the option doesn't appear present in the game so it's believed that yet undumped unique ROMs from Sega were used to build this for tournaments.

Back