What's new
Unfortunately, no prices are right due to the shortages, we are working hard to find good suppliers.

Thank you for the fast replies. As soon as 4 of Ralph's USB2DB15 become available, I will have to try them with UrQuan3's adapter.

@Raph_friend: I guess it will work but will requiring be needed? What's the best way to achieve re-wiring? Desilder DB15 and use headers on your device?
If you use this pinout, USB2DB15 will function properly:

2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6e584358787a332e706e67.png

@UrQuan3 can you comment if your DB15 pin out matches Raph's?

The reason why I'm here asking, is because I want 4-player support from JVS and only @UrQuan3 seems to provide that. Thanks!

If the 3rd and 4th players are via harness, how that works on a JVS?

If the 3rd and 4th players are via harness, how that works on a JVS?

Oh good. I used the same pinout. Thank you for letting me verify.

I'm willing to buy @UrQuan3's 3-player adapter and 4 of @Raph_friend 's adapters to test 4-player support .....but I suspect Raph is asking because 4-players may require a firmware update for JVS translation? (Just a guess) ....but any guidance is appreciated.

I honestly don't know how 4 players work on JVS. On cps2 i know that it will be with the kick harnesses on different pinout.

I honestly don't know how 4 players work on JVS. On cps2 i know that it will be with the kick harnesses on different pinout.
I guess I'll buy your USB2DB15 (4 of them) when they become available and then @UrQuan3's 4-player board and test it out. So...I guess I'll just wait. @UrQuan3, will you need to do any firmware updates or anything? I doubt it, but I also don't understand JVS (I think it's just RS232 over physical USB lines D+/D- lines....)

No firmware changes needed.

You're not too far off on JVS. It is RS485 over the D+/D- lines. Same ground. The +5 volt line is instead a "sense" line used on startup for each device on the JVS chain to be identified by the master. While the ground and data are bridged across the JVS input and output on the chain, the sense line is single point-to-point and uses three voltage levels, 5v, 2.5v, and 0v. (It's weird, man) My device has to be the last, or only device on the chain. I'm not even sure how I would implement the sense line otherwise.

Yeah, put off buying this until the other parts are in hand. I don't have any part shortages, at least so far.

Unfortunately, no prices are right due to the shortages, we are working hard to find good suppliers.

If you use this pinout, USB2DB15 will function properly:

2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6e584358787a332e706e67.png

No firmware changes needed.

You're not too far off on JVS. It is RS485 over the D+/D- lines. Same ground. The +5 volt line is instead a "sense" line used on startup for each device on the JVS chain to be identified by the master. While the ground and data are bridged across the JVS input and output on the chain, the sense line is single point-to-point and uses three voltage levels, 5v, 2.5v, and 0v. (It's weird, man) My device has to be the last, or only device on the chain. I'm not even sure how I would implement the sense line otherwise.

Yeah, put off buying this until the other parts are in hand. I don't have any part shortages, at least so far.

Thank you so much for the detail @UrQuan3 . I'll report back when I have some @Raph_friend's USB2DB15 in hand.

Back