What's new

mundy

Student
Reaction score
Received a ringedge during the week and thr cpu cooler was off as per, replace the pins on it and connected it up but it's completely dead, no power whatsoever, isint there suppose to be a standby light at least on the motherboard? because iam getting nothing at all, only a click sound when I turn the psu off, tried with a regular power supply and that does nothing either as in it doesn't switch on at all, am I doing something stupid or is it just, completely toast, anything I can try? I tried to replacing the bios as per the manual but it made no differenece and the old battery tested fine anyways at 2.8v anything else I try or is this just junk?

Try reseating all of the components including the RAM and CPU?

Yeah I discovered the power supply is dead, with a regular atx it lights up and all fans spin etc but still no output, so far ive swapped in a new battery following the procdure ive found here i also replaced the cpu and the ram apart from video card any other suggestions?

Yeah the power supply was toast picked up another cheap ringedge from yaj to use as a parts one and swapped it over

Back