What's new

Voguekun

Student
Reaction score
I've had my second cab on standby waiting for the mistercade versus to come out for about a year. I just booted it up as I was setting up my versus and found this red hue. A year ago when I was last testing the monitor, it didn't have an issue like this. Turning the dials for red/green/blue didn't affect the problem very much, which is a washed out and mostly red color. I assume there's probably a problem with the connection. Where do I start in diagnosing how to fix this? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1500.jpg
    IMG_1500.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 40
If you've only adjusted the red DRIVE pot on the control board, you'll want to also check the RED BIAS pot on the neck board or around the edge of the monitor chasiss. You have red up too high on there.

check where the video signal plugs into the chassis. i had a similar issue on a monitor, and it was cold solder joint on the rgb connector.

Barring the connector or pots having cold solder joints, next step would be swapping the red and either of the other two neckcard color drive transistors and seeing if the problem follows the transistor or not.

You've got a few steps in front you at this point, hopefully you report back with it being one of the easier ones!

Appreciate the insight all. I'll be taking apart my cab this weekend it sounds like...

I highly appreciate the advice. We got there in the end. Issue was actually with the mistercade versus which Porkchop helped me sort out, but adjusting the bias on the neck board helped me further refine the image. It's a tiny bit blurry and the contrast is a touch high but I'm very happy with it.

IMG_1509.jpg

Last edited:
I highly appreciate the advice. We got there in the end. Issue was actually with the mistercade versus which Porkchop helped me sort out, but adjusting the bias on the neck board helped me further refine the image. It's a tiny bit blurry and the contrast is a touch high but I'm very happy with it.

IMG_1509.jpg
Super stoked you got it going and the bias advice helped! I been there before man. Looks good 👍

IMG_1509.jpg
May I know wich was the issue with mistercade?

Looks like you might want to adjust pincushion too. If you've got an MS8 it's on the chassis. Also focus is on the flyback.

Looks like everyone missed the most obvious first step:

Try another game first. Would have ruled out the monitor entirely and it would've been fixed in a couple hours, ha.

Glad it's running.

May I know wich was the issue with mistercade?
Some arcade monitors (like mine, MS8 ) don't like the mistercade versus's RGB at max level. Just have to back off each pot a small amount on the versus near the JAMMA edge. Also solved my issue with lots of interference.

Looks like you might want to adjust pincushion too. If you've got an MS8 it's on the chassis. Also focus is on the flyback.
Thanks, I'll take further look at that this weekend ^^

Back