What's new
Amazing work getting it to pieces, and then even more amazing getting it back together. As others have said - those big woodies were never made with this in mind. Your patience and determination has paid off!

Nice job man :)
reminds me of my December craziness but I am happy to have it !
it was a bit of a pain but when you take your time, it IS possible and you're happy to have it !
IMG_9928.jpg

IMG_9948.jpg

IMG_9949.jpg

IMG_9986(1).jpg

...that metal 1300 pound Hang Pilot though ...hmmmm

Finally I have Tekken in fighting shape!

Here are some pictures of the reassembly. Getting that heavy bottom plate to its place alone was the hardest part.
IMG_1420.jpeg

Getting there...
IMG_1424.jpeg

Almost done! I also used some glue so this will be the last time this cabinet will be taken apart... If I sell the house it will go with it :D

IMG_1438.jpeg

While it was in parts I cut the ground wires from JAMMA 27 to add P1 and P2 number 6 buttons for StreetFighter etc.
IMG_1416.jpeg

These should be the ones HAS Extension cable uses
IMG_1415.jpeg

IMG_1417.jpeg

IMG_1483.jpeg

And BEHOLD! Today was time to test it! And it works <3
IMG_1479.jpeg

Except those 6-buttons are still not working... :cursing: I made sure my HAS extension cable has dip-switches on p1 and p2 b6 turned to ON and I have CPS2 kick harness on my CPS2 multi which then goes to that HAS extension. Any ideas why those 6 buttons do nothing? I tried with StreetFighter and Darkstalkers. Buttons from 1-5work just fine.

@RGB it seems that JAMMA pin 27 is connected to the ground pin 28 on the HAS extension cable (at least on the input side of the cable), could that be reason why it shows that both player 6 buttons are ON all the time?

88B8C7FD-8E87-4129-BE1A-02D9917C5C02.jpeg

It only seems to ground them both (27 and 28 ) when connected to the CPS2, so CPS2 treats them both as a ground (like JAMMA stantard tells). How are people using CPS2 with HAS extension if it defaults to button 6 grounded all the time?

3700E37B-15A9-4168-AD40-9BDCB5763B5A.jpeg

There's a dip switch that enables/disables button 6 on the JAMMA connector. Set the switches 5 and 6 to OFF and it will do the trick.

Last edited:
There's a dip switch that enables/disables button 6 on the JAMMA connector. Set the switches 5 and 6 to OFF and it will do the trick.
Ahh, I thought they need to be ON :rolleyes:

EDIT: Switched them OFF and all the buttons now work as they should <3

Last edited:
I still don’t have that marquee from @Hammy , only the lightbox. I could test it there but it will for sure be a tight fit :D
Hope you did not drill that nice panel!
The one that's still to go is OK but a bit rough on the overlay.

I think there's a bag of screws too, you are gonna need for attaching unless some are already there inside it.
The turtle of speed over here , not helped by these big ass shipments...

Great to see it back in one anyway!

Well I finally got around to test if the topper fits for my Tekken cab.

And against all the odds, there is room! It's less than 1cm from top of the marquee to the roof but that's enough :thumbup:

IMG_2043.jpeg

I had to change a new light and solder small extensions to the power cord (it has been taking power from the left side of the cabinet and mine is wired on right side) but other than that it fits perfectly!

It holds pretty tight just by pushing it there since metal hinge takes a tight grab from the plywood it sits on. There were old screw holes but they were a bit misaligned compared to this lightbox holes. It wouldn't necessary need any other securing but for my ease of mind I tightened it with metal plate and cable tie.

IMG_2049.jpeg

Man it looks great now, thanks again @Hammy for finding me this! :thumbup:
awesssome.jpeg

There was 2 brackets included! Why the cable tie method? I hope you did not throw them out with the boxes / packing.

There was 2 brackets included! Why the cable tie method? I hope you did not throw them out with the boxes / packing.

Ahh so it's this one! I thought it was something for the speakers plate :whistling:

IMG_2066.jpeg

I will fix that there, thanks :D

EDIT: That did the trick!

IMG_2067.jpeg

Last edited:
Back