What's new

K_Gogetsit

Student
Reaction score
Top left corner of the CRT has like a blueish fade to it. Can see it on Kens hair. How do I remove that if it can be removed. Thanks.
D3EB0F9E-CB65-4E08-BFFB-5A5367014A2E.jpeg

I googled the problem and seen people saying that but didn’t understand how to do it 😂.

I googled the problem and seen people saying that but didn’t understand how to do it 😂.
Look for a degauss button before you do that, while monitor is on press that button to discharge. You will see the screen distort then hopefully re set itself.

its gonna be in the back of the monitor? It’s a showcase cabinet so I haven’t opened it up to get to anything other than the game.

What kind of cabinet is it? Look for test buttons behind doors on the front, it won’t be at the back

Not familiar with it, if you can’t find a degauss button in and around the front area of the cab, it will need to be done manually with a coil.. I suggest reading up on what degaussing is.

Problem is idk where the coil would be on the monitor and idk where to open the cabinet up to actually get to the monitor. I started looking up how to degauss and looks fairly simple just trying to find where to get the tool from.

Some monitors have a degauss coil built in that will degauss on power up, or sometimes there is a button for degauss (usually mounted on the same panel behind the coin door with the test/service buttons).

I find the built in coils tend to not work super well, and they work even worse when it's set to degauss automatically on boot. If you buy a degauss tool I find the ring style tools work better than the "stick" ones

Sometimes a problem like that can't be fixed with a degauss though, if you have speakers near the monitor or other magnetic sources that can use that kind of discoloration.

Some monitors have a degauss coil built in that will degauss on power up, or sometimes there is a button for degauss (usually mounted on the same panel behind the coin door with the test/service buttons).

I find the built in coils tend to not work super well, and they work even worse when it's set to degauss automatically on boot. If you buy a degauss tool I find the ring style tools work better than the "stick" ones

Sometimes a problem like that can't be fixed with a degauss though, if you have speakers near the monitor or other magnetic sources that can use that kind of discoloration.
Would pictures of the cabinet help determine if I can actually access the degauss coil or not?

Ok through your help I was able to find where I adjust the screen and brightness from, still looking for the degausser from the manual but don’t see it.

This is the closest to the image in the manual but it doesn’t have the degausser like the manual
01EAF505-5B70-4A79-9F97-B40DEA2556A1.jpeg

Yours has a different monitor than the one in the manual.

Can you take a picture of the back of the monitor. There's likely going to be a header on the chassis for manual degauss that may or may not be populated.

Yours has a different monitor than the one in the manual.

Can you take a picture of the back of the monitor. There's likely going to be a header on the chassis for manual degauss that may or may not be populated.

I’m figuring it’s ok to take off this to access the monitor?
AE0A7B70-1065-4328-8B5A-96706EA46910.jpeg

I don't see why you couldn't. Looks like a back cover to me.

Ok, I’m gonna give it a go tomm see what’s back there.
You'll be fine. You can't own an arcade cabinet without being comfortable opening it up. You might not know what the heck you're looking at in there yet, but that's okay, you learn by asking questions. And poking around, but maybe don't do that until you know where it's safe to poke.

Back