What's new

duffcon

Professional
Reaction score
I’ve flipped the board stack and felt the various Ram chips, nothing feels hot. I’m going to probe the ram in the board, but does this look like A-01 failure?

Attachments

• IMG_1106.jpeg
    IMG_1106.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1105.jpeg
    IMG_1105.jpeg
    234.6 KB · Views: 44
Check the B + C boards with another A board if you can. If the same B + C works fine with another A board then I'd definitely say that it's an A-01 failure.

Sorry, I should have included more detail; this B&C stack is known good. Thanks, I was pretty sure but I wanted to get some other opinions before I try to replace it.

Sorry, I should have included more detail; this B&C stack is known good. Thanks, I was pretty sure but I wanted to get some other opinions before I try to replace it.
where are replacements?

Donor boards :(
what blows my mind is people bootlegged these, right? so they had to have come up with some replacement function for that. I was looking up one of the bootleg hacks on youtube and apparently they had super janky sound.

IDK; the abilities of these communities astound me. We’ve seen reproduction Q-01 chips and I know the A-01 has been reverse engineered. Replacements are probably possible but for two issues:

1) complexity to replace; not an easy job
2) availability of replacement A boards

Fun update. I swapped the a-01 from a dead donor and now this board doesn’t boot. For funsies, I installed the garbled chip to the previously dead board and now it starts with the same issue. So I guess the dead board was due to a failed A-01. Fun practice. Im going to shelve this one until I find a know good a-01 from my stack.

Last edited:
Fun update. I swapped the a-01 from a dead donar and now this board doesn’t boot. For funsies, I installed the garbled chip to the previously dead board and now it starts with the same issue. So I guess the dead board was due to a failed A-01. Fun practice. Im going to shelve this one until I find a know good a-01 from my stack.
Well at least you know lol.

Here’s another one. It’s funny because certain characters are all messed up (ryu and dhalsim) while others are perfect (chun li and blanka)

Attachments

• IMG_1225.jpeg
    IMG_1225.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1216.jpeg
    IMG_1216.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1206.jpeg
    IMG_1206.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 34
Back