What's new
That’s awesome, I can’t wait to give this a go. Is it possible to use a registered version of Doom for those that own it?

Yeah, I have Doom ultimate on my cabinet downstairs. I haven't provided a way to swap out the WAD in a compiled binary so you'd have to compile it yourself for now.

I'll be damned.
IMG_5044.jpg

so I didn't see it cause I ran the WIPI in local mode ... changed it to network/internet so I can update it and see the latest progress.

DragonMinded is a hero :)

Last edited:
How does the Doom II wad work? If it appears to work properly I'll add it to the list of tested WADs.

Works fine! but will do a couple of levels.

How in the heck do you play this without analog control?
Never did use a mouse.

Fun fact: this game is why i use computers and work in IT for 25 years now…

Works fine! but will do a couple of levels.

doom 2 works perfect indeed.

Heretic.wad doesn't work though W_init can't find file error or something like that. should It? I don't think so actually ... it's a different dll in "doomsday" so ok that's normal!

Last edited:
+1 for "How the hell did I miss this!!??"

Gotta try this out. There's something gleefully bizarre about playing Doom on a cab.

ps: for the guys wanting to try it out: I uploaded my doom2.wad, 7zip it in Gzip and simply overwrote the doom "shareware" gzip in the wipi roms folder and then ran that

Just gave this a go with the ultimate doom wad and doom 2 wad. I used a NAOMI2 in case others had not tried that, and both WADs work fine.

Thank you for this excellent work, the game is amazingly playable.

Back