What's new
@hursit, @djsheep,

1670445210250.png

I’d probably be up for one depending on price.

I have a AWSD with its original Samsung+WeiYa swapped to Tosh+MS9, and I’d consider changing the arts too (although I do like the AWSD art too, so unsure 🤔)

if the base illumination panel is repro'd this opens up the the gates for eventual repro AWSD and Egret 3 panels. Very interested

I’ll take one.

After the repro Minicute happened anything is possible.

If it helps move this project forward, you can put me down for 2 please.

Also, thanks @RealMFnG for the dimensions. Waiting for word back from @hursit now about feasibility.
I highly doubt an injection mold happens. Tooling is going to be in the 10's of 1000's and the MOQ (minimum order quantity) is going to be in the 1000's of pieces. I honestly feel this only happens if someone commissions a skilled/experienced resin caster. But yeah, @hursit may think/know otherwise.

if the base illumination panel is repro'd this opens up the the gates for eventual repro AWSD and Egret 3 panels. Very interested
It wouldn't be eventual, they're the same thing. You'd just apply different art.

Bunch of folks have talked about doing this over the years, but no one's ever done it, and it pretty much boils down to everything @RealMFnG said: it's PRICEY.

Might be a bit of a stretch, but I know that RgRDev (who is based in Taiwan IIRC) does a lot of injection molded stuff. Seems to do okay with console shells, but perhaps this is a different set of tooling and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Perhaps worth reaching out if Hursit declines to pursue it?

Do it. But I won't be sending my panel to a Taiwanese business. Someone else will have to take that bullet.

This is the way to make this happen

1. I will get the original panel
2. I will scan it with 3D Scan tool.
3. Compare and measure with original
4. Create a 3D printing prototype and test it on the original cabinet

After these 4 steps, i can go to injection mold , and calculate easily.
This is the professional way to create some kind of this parts.

This is the way to make this happen

1. I will get the original panel
2. I will scan it with 3D Scan tool.
3. Compare and measure with original
4. Create a 3D printing prototype and test it on the original cabinet

After these 4 steps, i can go to injection mold , and calculate easily.
This is the professional way to create some kind of this parts.

I have one with an inline crack that I could send you, but I'm worried about it getting to you intact.

If anyone has any 3d scanning equip close by I can also do a scan of mine if needed.

Back