What's new

rememberizer

Student
Reaction score
So, Esp Ra.de was released on Switch with some tweaks and a new character.

Would it be possible to extract the ROM and burn it onto some eproms for a conversion? Or maybe to run it on an emulator?

Depends, if this is a emulator running on Switch... Or if the game was ported to Switch.
I'm leaning towards a port, but I haven't seen or played the game yet.

I can dump it for you, but I'm not about to buy it to do so. ;)
#cavesux

Oh yea man just look at that fucking screen, no way in hell this is emulation...
large.jpg

Perhaps at its core its using OG/emulated code, but I'm going to put my money on a big fat NOPE this will not be usable by original hardware whatsoever its a port.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to agree with you, however M2 does seem to do some things via a port, then add the gadgets on the side reading from the data. I just don't know.

Is there a way to pull it off of PS4? I have it on disk for PS4.

There are backups of the game in nsp or xci format for switch.

I have no idea where to start with something like this. I just know it was done for 3rd Strike so maybe it's possible if Esp Ra.De were emulated too.

But you just nailed why it was possible with 3rd, it an emulator running on Switch using a patched/modified original ROM.
This *running the risk of being wrong with out proper investigation* isn't.

You might as well ask if I can extract the "ROM" from Streets of Rage 2 on Genesis/Megadrive so you can play that on CPS1.

It's M2. I wouldn't be surprised if it is emulation. Not sure how the image above is supposed to prove that it isn't.

Yeah, the fact it's M2 makes me lean towards it being (extremely good) emulation as well, with their internal emulator just having lots and lots of hooks to do all the gadgets around the sides. It's just the way they tend to do things, they want to emulate the hardware slowdown as accurately as possible.

I did speak about how it could be using some deep internal emulation.
I figured these "hooks" you mentioned have triggers embedded into it that fundamentally change how the original code works.
So it wouldn't just be as simple as extracting a "ROM" from the code base (would also require cleanup).

As stated a few times I haven't looked at it... IF I can be bothered to grab the NSP I'll unpack it and have a look around.
I'm no Cave fan, so my motivation to do this is beyond low/I have other projects going that I actually care about.
Also full disclosure I'm no "coder" my talents/skills come from a place of piracy (I've learned just enough to steal shit and when I dump games for myself/the internet its because I don't want to pay for them).

Last edited by a moderator:
The Blue Label ROMS were dumped out of the 360 Version of Guwange and burnt to use on original hardware. So maybe it's possible? But being M2, maybe they protected it.

any progress with the rom dump and back ported the code to the pcb? Would be nice to be able to play as Alice Master on arcade pcb

Back