900$USD Shipped
Thanks for looking.
Paypal + 5% or PayPal F&F

IMG_7389.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7390.jpg
    IMG_7390.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 45
Actually the only Cave game i 1CC'd a long time ago when unemployed, love it too!

Always wondered if anyone has ever done a side-by-side comparison with this board and the PGM conversion.

I own an original and always come back to this one from time to time. This game has the perfect balance for a casual in the shmups genre like myself. Congrats on the sale. Hope the new owner enjoys this one for years to come.

Don't want to hijack OP's thread but I meant the PGM cartridge conversions

I did a side by side with a Ketsui when I had a real board in my house for a few days last year. No difference, at all. However, no harm in owning the real thing if you have the funds.

Last edited:
the originals run on what are essentially PGM boards. Think the SVC Chaos and KOF2K3 PCBs, those are basically MVS boards with the ROMs soldered onto them.

Always wondered if anyone has ever done a side-by-side comparison with this board and the PGM conversion.
I guess the sale is done, so no harm in this tangent…

I can’t say from experience, but I did a bit of research around this a while ago.
By all accounts Ketsui and Espgaluda are perfect replications, while DOJ plays perfect but has sound issues.

As for ‘Galuda being the best Cave game. I think 2nd after Esprade (which I’m still trying to 1cc and I’m not remotely close!)

Maybe I got lucky, but I've owned two of the DOJ conversion carts and didn't experience any sound problems to speak of. Maybe I'll bust it out again this month and hook it up to the living room setup that has a proper stereo so I can really hear.

I have the pcbs of Ketsui and Galuda and I also built all 3 conversion carts (for convenience) using the new pcbs and lots of eprom chips. Ketsui and Galuda play identical in every way. No sound issue in DOJ either. Best bang for your buck with the conversion carts, especially if you build them yourself. I believe my total cost with all parts for the 3 games was right around $150.

Does DOJ on the conversion cart play black & white label versions without any issues or bugs?

Depends on the conversion cart. Best way IMHO is to roll your own using the PCBs produced by @Fluffy.

That's really good to hear. I have a fluffy pcb that I've been meaning to put together. Which romset do you recommend for DOJ to avoid any bugs?

I mean this is a weird thread for this conversation, but regarding DOJ, I never got my Fluffy DOJ to play WL correctly. BL works fine.

I have a Galuda PCB and a conversion cart, and they seem to play the same to me, incl the fun sprite glitching.

I mean this is a weird thread for this conversation, but regarding DOJ, I never got my Fluffy DOJ to play WL correctly. BL works fine.

I have a Galuda PCB and a conversion cart, and they seem to play the same to me, incl the fun sprite glitching.
I think the newer PCBs are fixed. I had no issue with DOJ playing both, but my Ketsui could only play one version and not the other.

Have not put together my newer revision PCB to see if it's solved, but I've heard good things.

Is it a pcb problem or a ROM problem? My fluffy pcbs are the original release. What kind of bug did you experience with white label @buffi ?

Back